+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam - Blood Tests

s.buj

Jul 21, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Curious if anyone has ever requested a finger prick blood test from their immigration doctor, in lieu of having vials of blood drawn. I have a severe phobia of needles and am getting quite nervous, but I know that the blood tests typically cover HIV and Syphilis, which can be detected with small blood samples.

Anyone?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Curious if anyone has ever requested a finger prick blood test from their immigration doctor, in lieu of having vials of blood drawn. I have a severe phobia of needles and am getting quite nervous, but I know that the blood tests typically cover HIV and Syphilis, which can be detected with small blood samples.

Anyone?
No, can't see that flying. That won't be enough to sample. I know others have mentioned similar phobias and had to just brace for it. Maybe someone else can contribute but I don't think that amount would be enough.

Reactions: scylla

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Anyone?
You will have to have the needle, as the specific test they do requires more than just a few drops of blood.

I suggest you speak to your doctor ahead of time about getting some anti-anxiety meds for the appointment.

Reactions: s.buj and scylla