+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical: active TB

ikay

Jun 13, 2006
Hello PMM,

I am in Canada on a student visa. I applied for PR to Buffalo in April 2004. I received the 2nd letter in May 2005, indicating interview waiver and medical documents. During my medical (on June 6, 2005), I was diagnosed with Active TB. As a result, I was under treatment for 9 months. I finished my treatment on May 1, 2006. I have sent the certificate of treatment completion to Buffalo. In addition, I gave a copy of that certificate to my immigration doctor, who, I assume, sent that to Ottawa (medical services).

What do you think I should do now? I have no information whatsoever about what is going on in my case?

Thanks in advance,

ikay

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ikay said:
Hello PMM,

I am in Canada on a student visa. I applied for PR to Buffalo in April 2004. I received the 2nd letter in May 2005, indicating interview waiver and medical documents. During my medical (on June 6, 2005), I was diagnosed with Active TB. As a result, I was under treatment for 9 months. I finished my treatment on May 1, 2006. I have sent the certificate of treatment completion to Buffalo. In addition, I gave a copy of that certificate to my immigration doctor, who, I assume, sent that to Ottawa (medical services).

What do you think I should do now? I have no information whatsoever about what is going on in my case?

Thanks in advance,

ikay
Time to follow with a fax to Buffalo to determine status of your application.

PMM

ikay

Jun 13, 2006
Hi PMM,

Thanks for your reply. Do you think active TB after treatment can lead to the refusal of application? Have you seen any case such as mine in the past?

Thanks again,

ikay

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ikay said:
Hi PMM,

Thanks for your reply. Do you think active TB after treatment can lead to the refusal of application? Have you seen any case such as mine in the past?

Thanks again,

ikay
As long as the TB has been cured, and the follow sputum tests and x-rays are clear, then you will not be refused for it.

PMM