+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

mba finance

vinjay

Jan 19, 2015
Hi ... Can anyone help me out ... I have been seeing openings and many vacancies for jobs in Canada ....

I have few questions if someone shed some light it will be great

What is the scope for MBA finance and also I hold 3+ years of experience in financial services industry

Is it advisable to go on study visa , so that you will not have tough times to search jobs as the give importance to Canadian degrees

Thanks in advance!

m_dewan33

May 2, 2014
NL, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 03/01/2015
Nomination.....
ITA 27/03/2015
AOR Received.
16/05/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted in EE profile 8.5
Med's Done....
Passed 05/05/2015
Passport Req..
13/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2015
vinjay said:
Hi ... Can anyone help me out ... I have been seeing openings and many vacancies for jobs in Canada ....

I have few questions if someone shed some light it will be great

What is the scope for MBA finance and also I hold 3+ years of experience in financial services industry

Is it advisable to go on study visa , so that you will not have tough times to search jobs as the give importance to Canadian degrees

Thanks in advance!
MBAs are worth a dime these days in Canada. As cynical as it may seem, it is the bitter truth. Take it from someone who's gone through the ordeal. Unless you have significant Canadian experience or you get your MBA from the top business schools like UofT, UBC, Ivey or Queens, its not a prospective field of studies these days.

If you still decide to do MBA make sure you get it from top tier B school or at least get yourself into an MBA that offers work terms as part of the program.

And, if you're gonna go into finance make sure you get your CFA certification, that's way more valuable than an MBA.

claudianrejaj

Jan 9, 2015
I totally agree with you..Canada only value canadian school and work. Which will soon make them undesirable working market.

I have an MBA in Finance thou and made my recognition assessment in Canada works.
But if you are at the age for school, better start one in Canada, everything will come much easier.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
Canada values Canadian experience for immigration purposes because it shows you have been able to function in the Canadian job market, making you a more desirable immigrant.

Regarding valuing Canadian qualifications, this would only apply to fields that are very localized, for example Law is different all over the world so someone with a Canadian Law degree is obviously a better candidate for certain positions than someone with a Law degree from a European University.