+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May-June Study Permit Applicants from Doha

Ayipey

Jul 2, 2016
Anybody applied for study permit from Doha in May-June for September '16 intake? Can you share your experience with us, whether you have heard anything or not?

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Applied from VFS Doha on 28th April, haven't heard anything back yet. The processing time for the Abu Dhabi office is at least 12 weeks so i'm not expecting to hear from them till mid to late July.

Ayipey

Jul 2, 2016
Okay, but I think the processing time for the applicants from Doha ranges between 5-8 weeks, though 5 weeks is indicated on the CIC website. If you applied since April and you haven't heard anything from them, then I think something is wrong. Did you try contacting them?

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Ayipey said:
Okay, but I think the processing time for the applicants from Doha ranges between 5-8 weeks, though 5 weeks is indicated on the CIC website. If you applied since April and you haven't heard anything from them, then I think something is wrong. Did you try contacting them?
5 weeks is no way near correct. On CIC's processing time page every country that doesn't process visas will show 5 weeks throughout the year and will never change. The only ones that change are the ones that process visa. All applications from Doha are processed in Abu Dhabi so we're supposed to follow UAE processing time. We have a separate thread where we discuss processing times and other members who applied from Doha before me are also still waiting. My brother applied for Canada study permit last year and was approved in 11 weeks regardless of the fact that last year it showed Qatar's processing time as 5 weeks and UAE as 12 weeks. The only way to expect to come in 5 weeks if its a rejection, you'd want to be optimistic since this is peak time and Abu Dhabi processes study permits for Afghanistan, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.

Also there is no point in sending a case inquiry because you can only send an inquiry through CIC's site to the Abu Dhabi embassy (nothing for Qatar) and they won't even look at it if it hasn't exceeded 12 weeks.

Also we all discuss here, you might want to post here - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/study-permit-status-from-abu-dhabi-visa-office-t430137.0.html

Ayipey

Jul 2, 2016
The processing time for Qatar has changed from 5 to 12 weeks and that of UAE from 12 to 11 weeks, how do you explain that?

Jonah83

Jun 14, 2016
Ayipey said:
The processing time for Qatar has changed from 5 to 12 weeks and that of UAE from 12 to 11 weeks, how do you explain that?
Applications from both countries are processed in Abu Dhabi visa office, and one week extra for courier services as I guess. I think this more logical than before (5 weeks for Qatar and 12 weeks for uae) ::)

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Jonah83 said:
Applications from both countries are processed in Abu Dhabi visa office, and one week extra for courier services as I guess. I think this more logical than before (5 weeks for Qatar and 12 weeks for uae) ::)
Sounds about right, they finally showed the correct amount of time for Qatar!

wollyking

Nov 25, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2018
LANDED..........
14-06-2018
Ayipey said:
Guys!
How are we all? has anybody heard from the embassy?
I applied on June 2nd from Kuwait but I did using the online option, haven't heard anything from them. Has there anyone been applied for a study permit online from the middle east specially Kuwait? Can they enlighten me with their experience in terms of processing times. Is it worrisome to take them this long? Please help.

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hi there!

I have applied from the Middle East - from Beirut in particular. But I did the same mistake you did which is applying online... I found out later on that my application is not processed in my home country, but rather at a hub station (because it was submitted online). The processing time at my home country is 5 weeks, the one at the hub station says one week... In any event, the processing time of my application was not adhered to any of these timings.... I am in the 10th week now and I have not received any update yet.

All you need to do is to wait...

wollyking

Nov 25, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2018
LANDED..........
14-06-2018
studentpermit said:
Hi there!

I have applied from the Middle East - from Beirut in particular. But I did the same mistake you did which is applying online... I found out later on that my application is not processed in my home country, but rather at a hub station (because it was submitted online). The processing time at my home country is 5 weeks, the one at the hub station says one week... In any event, the processing time of my application was not adhered to any of these timings.... I am in the 10th week now and I have not received any update yet.

Thank you very much for your response friend. Have you tried using the case specific inquiry? I pray we receive a positive response soon.

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
wollyking said:
Thank you very much for your response friend. Have you tried using the case specific inquiry? I pray we receive a positive response soon.
Yes I did my friend... 4 times. I only received an auto-reply email and another one saying that my application is in process!
Nothing personalized about my application though. I really hope we get the introduction letter so soon (God's willing).

wollyking

Nov 25, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2018
LANDED..........
14-06-2018
studentpermit said:
Hi there!

Hello there,
I just wanted to inform you that on July 21st I was sent an email to undergo a medical exam. I went for that on July 24th and passed it on August 5th. Since then the waiting game has been on. I was curious if you had any development in your case?