+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAXIMUM BAGGAGE WEIGHT... Please help really confused! Flight is on November 15.

hazel_andre

Aug 3, 2011
Hi Please help me... My son and I are leaving for Canada this November. I'm really confused on the maximum weight my son and I can bring. BTW, my son is 3 1/2 yrs old. I checked Cathay's website and it says max combined weight 23 kg. for economy. max no. of checked in baggage is 2. -- As I understood, does this mean 23 kg total of 2 luggages? But I've checked the net and found a lot of blogs saying you can bring 2pcs max of 32 kg luggage or a total of 64 kg... Please help I'm really confused. Date is drawing near. I got a lot of suff to pack... Please help... :'(

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
As per what I have read and understood on various websites it is 23 x 2 = 46 kgs in total. About 32 kgs thing I am not sure. Best answer could be provided only by the particular airlines that you plan to travel with. Do call them up and clarify it in advance so that you don't face any problem at the airport.

All the best and have a safe and Happy journey.

hazel_andre

Aug 3, 2011
Thank you very much for the immediate response royalsting! Really want to make sure. Don't want to pack and get problems by the time I'm checking in our luggages... God bless you...

Other comments and help from other members re topic will be very much appreciated... Thank you and God bless...

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hazel_andre said:
Thank you very much for the immediate response royalsting! Really want to make sure. Don't want to pack and get problems by the time I'm checking in our luggages... God bless you...

Other comments and help from other members re topic will be very much appreciated... Thank you and God bless...
Hi,

Each airline differ with weight limit. The best way is to check the website of your proposed airline.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hazel_andre said:

tonysilas

Jun 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://home.airindia.in/SBCMS/Webpages/International---Checked-Baggage.aspx?MID=27

Hope this helps!

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
hazel_andre said:
Hi Please help me... My son and I are leaving for Canada this November. I'm really confused on the maximum weight my son and I can bring. BTW, my son is 3 1/2 yrs old. I checked Cathay's website and it says max combined weight 23 kg. for economy. max no. of checked in baggage is 2. -- As I understood, does this mean 23 kg total of 2 luggages? But I've checked the net and found a lot of blogs saying you can bring 2pcs max of 32 kg luggage or a total of 64 kg... Please help I'm really confused. Date is drawing near. I got a lot of suff to pack... Please help... :'(
All major trans-atlantic and trans-pacific flights allow 23kg x 2 = 46kg (economy class). But some airlines does have exceptions like enfield said. The thing you have read about 32kg is that even if you bring overweighted luggage, they will allow a maximum of 32kg per bag with the extra charges.

It should also be mentioned in the e-ticket. Make sure you have one ticket for all of your flights because some connecting flights (like if you take Emirates to Toronto and then Air Canada to say, Ottawa) then the flight between Toronto and Ottawa will be considered as a domestic flight and will allow you only one 23kg baggage during that flight (meaning you will have to pay for the extra luggage!). But if you take Qatar and lands on Montreal and take air canada to Ottawa, its gonna be one ticket because air canada and Qatar got linked (plus it will be one ticket also) and you will be allowed 23kg x 2 baggage.

hazel_andre

Aug 3, 2011
Thank you for all your posts! We're booked on the 18th through PAL then Air Canada, unlike my first post I thought my husband booked us already on the 15th :D. I called up PAL and got necessary confirmation already on allowed baggage weight and as advised our baggage will be checked through our connecting flight or will automatically be transferred to the next flight. :)

I really appreciate all the help guys! Thank you very much! I'm scared and excited for our trip :D