+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mattress fumigation?

venefica

Jul 4, 2024
I am moving to Ontario for a PhD program of four years. I just called CSBA and they confirmed I will need to get my mattress professionally cleaned/fumigated. What counts as a professional cleaning in this regard? I don't want to sleep on a chemical treated mattress as I have chemical sensitivities, and would prefer to do a steam deep clean. Would that satisfy a CSBA agent since it kills bed bugs and that's their main concern with used mattresses?

venefica

Jul 4, 2024
Also I find this so confusing... Apparently I am disqualified from being a "Settler" for conducting study, but I am also working for 4 years and will be "settling" under every other definition of "settler". I honestly feel like this will come down to the determination of a border officer's opinion. Does anyone have experience with this moving from the USA?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also I find this so confusing... Apparently I am disqualified from being a "Settler" for conducting study, but I am also working for 4 years and will be "settling" under every other definition of "settler". I honestly feel like this will come down to the determination of a border officer's opinion. Does anyone have experience with this moving from the USA?
Why not pickup a new or old one in Canada instead?