+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Masters Degree recognized as PG Diploma by WES

handsome_94

Aug 27, 2019
Hi

My masters of Economics Degree was recognized as PG Diploma by WES while my evaluation for Bachelors came out to be correct as 4 Years Engineering degree.

I got my Masters from tier 1 university. How can they do this to me?

I'm 32 years old and my birthday is in December.

I have to take my IELTS again as I got 6.5 in Writing but 8 overall with 8+ in all other sections. Need to give this again.

Now the problem :
I have written to WES that their assessment is incorrect but I don't know what will happen next. So, I was thinking of getting my evaluation done again.

Is it possible to get only my Masters evaluated again or should I evaluate both of my degrees from some other organization?

If I give IELTS again and get similar scores (7+ in writing) then I will only get 455. But if my PG is recognized as Masters as it should be, then my CRS would be 462.

Please help. I'm really confused. I'll lose 7 points in December due to age.

Thanks.

lazarus

Star Member
May 21, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi. You can apply for a ECA from IQAS, which will probably recognise your Master of Economics as Master's equivalency (Pl. research before proceeding). The ECA can be done for the Master's Degree & I suggest that you add the Bachelor's degree too. The only drawback of IQAS is that it takes around 5-6 months for the assessment. Best bet is working on your IELTS to make up the score lost by age. All the best!

Reactions: star88