+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Master's degree in progress

yazan_rus

Sep 25, 2017
Dear All,

I have been searching on the internet in vain to have my question answered. I have completed a Bachelor's degree 10 years ago, and I am doing my 2 years Master's degree at the moment at the University of London. When I fill in the information for my express entry profile, do I say that I have a master's degree or not? I have completed one year of study by now and I am due to graduate in October next year.

WES evaluates credentials for study in progress. Does it mean that I will get the points for my Master's degree in progress?

Thanks a lot for any insight. Thes makes THE difference for me.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Dear All,

I have been searching on the internet in vain to have my question answered. I have completed a Bachelor's degree 10 years ago, and I am doing my 2 years Master's degree at the moment at the University of London. When I fill in the information for my express entry profile, do I say that I have a master's degree or not? I have completed one year of study by now and I am due to graduate in October next year.

WES evaluates credentials for study in progress. Does it mean that I will get the points for my Master's degree in progress?

When filling the masters portion in your education, tick the 'this is my current study' box

Regarding Wes, i cannot be 100% ( you can check the degree equivalency on Wes online) but since you're yet to be awarded masters degree Wes is not going to equate your study as masters. They are probably going to give you 1 yr degree/diploma. In which case you can choose the '2 or more degrees' option for calculating crs (given that you will get ECA done on your bachelors as well)

yazan_rus

Sep 25, 2017
When filling the masters portion in your education, tick the 'this is my current study' box

Regarding Wes, i cannot be 100% ( you can check the degree equivalency on Wes online) but since you're yet to be awarded masters degree Wes is not going to equate your study as masters. They are probably going to give you 1 yr degree/diploma. In which case you can choose the '2 or more degrees' option for calculating crs (given that you will get ECA done on your bachelors as well)
Awesome! Does this mean that I will get the 119 points as if I have "2 or more degrees (with Spouse)"? Thanks a lot!

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Ideally . But it all comes down to how Wes evaluates your master study. Get your spouse's ECA done as well if possible and that gets you another 8-10 points..

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Wes will only evaluate completed diplomas. Try putting your spouse as primary and check her points, you might get ITA before waiting for your masters to be done

yazan_rus

Sep 25, 2017
Wes will only evaluate completed diplomas. Try putting your spouse as primary and check her points, you might get ITA before waiting for your masters to be done
Thanks, but WES claims to evaluate incomplete studies as follows, so what should I do?

I have not finished my studies, can I get an evaluation?
WES can evaluate education in-progress or incomplete programs of post-secondary study.

When you complete the application:

Enter "Academic Transcript" for the name of the credential.
If your study is "in-progress" (you plan to complete the program) indicate the last year that you studied.
If your study is "incomplete" (you stopped without completing the program) select "Did Not Graduate".

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks, but WES claims to evaluate incomplete studies as follows, so what should I do?

I have not finished my studies, can I get an evaluation?
WES can evaluate education in-progress or incomplete programs of post-secondary study.

When you complete the application:

Enter "Academic Transcript" for the name of the credential.
If your study is "in-progress" (you plan to complete the program) indicate the last year that you studied.
If your study is "incomplete" (you stopped without completing the program) select "Did Not Graduate".
Not as far as i know. Are you checking the evaluation for immigration page in wes canada's site?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hmm .. I am not sure, this is the page:
http://help.wes.org/Credential-Evaluation/Applying-to-WES/52360813/I-have-not-finished-my-studies-can-I-get-an-evaluation.htm

I assume that since it does not have the /ca in the address then it's the US page? But it does not specify....
https://applications.wes.org/createaccount/home/select-eval-type

"For immigration purposes, select the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Application for Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Note: Only completed degrees or diplomas can be evaluated for the IRCC application. WES does not evaluate occupational or trade qualifications"

hihello227

Star Member
May 12, 2022
Dear All,

Hi there, could you please share your experience? I'm currently pursuing my Master's, and my graduation is in December 2023. Not sure how WES will evaluate my transcript. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there, could you please share your experience? I'm currently pursuing my Master's, and my graduation is in December 2023. Not sure how WES will evaluate my transcript. Thanks.
They won't.

You should only complete WES once you have finished your Master's. WES doesn't evaluate incomplete degrees and you won't get any points for incomplete degrees.

Reactions: hihello227