+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Master is better or diploma in canada????

Deep SHAH

Oct 31, 2014
I have applied under SPP in Sheridan college –electromechanical engineering technician- 2 yrs diploma
With Overall 6 band (L-6,S-6,R-5.5,W-5.5) and I got rejected.
The reason was the proposed study did not match your previous qualification, language abilities,level of establishment and future prospects and plans.
My profile
10th-86%
12th-80%
BE in Electronics and communication engineering-75% complted in 2013 with 2 backlogs cleared
Sofcon Industrail automation course-4 months related to PLC upto Sep, 2013
My question is that I m applying under nonspp can I get work permit of 3 years after 2 years of study under nonspp?
Also should I choose University of Windsor or any college and I don't want to lose Jan INTAKE 2015

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Masters is far better. However you would need to raise your IELTS score to be accepted into a Masters program (you should have a minimum of 6.5 in each category). Yes - you will get a 3 year work permit with 2 years of study.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Deep SHAH said:
I have applied under SPP in Sheridan college –electromechanical engineering technician- 2 yrs diploma
With Overall 6 band (L-6,S-6,R-5.5,W-5.5) and I got rejected.
The reason was the proposed study did not match your previous qualification, language abilities,level of establishment and future prospects and plans.
My profile
10th-86%
12th-80%
BE in Electronics and communication engineering-75% complted in 2013 with 2 backlogs cleared
Sofcon Industrail automation course-4 months related to PLC upto Sep, 2013
My question is that I m applying under nonspp can I get work permit of 3 years after 2 years of study under nonspp?
Also should I choose University of Windsor or any college and I don't want to lose Jan INTAKE 2015
masters is always better if ur a good student if ur below average then it might be difficult for u to complete masters.
do u have admission for jan 2015 intake in a university if not i think all dead line have passed for most universities...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

Deep SHAH

Oct 31, 2014
but I have confusion that in master one can get research work only no practical knowledge which is avaliable in diploma and after compltion of masters

can one GET JOB due to research work I m talking particularly in ontario province only for study in masters???

also I m interested in UNiversity of windsor in elctrical and computer engineering coz it has less fees

Deep SHAH

Oct 31, 2014
I have also one problem that relative is paying my fees and if I extend difficult for me to reach canada due to finance,

after completing my elctromechanical engg

technician diploma 2 yrs can I do masters in University of windsor in electrcal and computer engginering after GETTING PR????

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Deep SHAH said:
but I have confusion that in master one can get research work only no practical knowledge which is avaliable in diploma and after compltion of masters

can one GET JOB due to research work I m talking particularly in ontario province only for study in masters???

also I m interested in UNiversity of windsor in elctrical and computer engineering coz it has less fees
masters has two options research based and course based . diploma is hands on but a very low level jobs compared to masters. example a mechanic would have a diploma/college education where as a mechanical engineer would have bachelors/masters education. dont get me wrong mechanics can make money too but limited career advancement without getting a masters. if ur an engineer in ur home country u wont get an engineer level job by doing a diploma...

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
again let me make it clear if ur not a good student u should not go for masters as its not as easy as diploma......any tom dick or harry can do a diploma....i dont know if u know those ITI institutes in india ,diplomas r similar to those ITI..atleast for engineering field ..it may be different for business /finance i dont know....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_training_institute

Deep SHAH

Oct 31, 2014
thank u for u r wonderful response.also I want the review for University of windsor for elctrical and computer enggg. in masters coz I heard that it is not

reputed university.Also I m good student coz I have distinction in my BE Electronics and communication 75%