+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

marrying in canada

umbis

Sep 6, 2007
just a few questions. I met a woman from philippines online. we plan to
marry and live in canada. I am a canadian citizen. she is 21, will have a
college degree in april, and no criminal record. We are engaged to be
married. Can I sponsor her as a family member if we are angaged? also, she plans to come here in april after getting her degree. Can she come with a temp res visa then with the intent to apply for immigration visa while in Canada? Can we marry here while she is visiting and not yet a permanent resident? That is, can she marry me if she is not a Canadian Citizen? Also, can she apply for a temp. res. visa without visiting the immigration office in Manilla? that is, by mail? she lives far away from Manilla.
Thank you

umbis

Sep 6, 2007
Essentially what I want to do is this...Have her apply for a temp. res. visa, fly here, marry me, and sponsor her as my spouse. It sounds to me like my biggest concern is getting her approved for a TRV. Can she/I use the DUAL INTENT clause when applying for a TRV? What are my options? We want to avoid the extra cost of me flying to the philippines to marry her.
Thanks,
Drew Mannen

mike71

Sep 18, 2007
I am in the same situations sort of. I have meet my girlfriend through her family here in BC and she lives in the Philippines, she was wanting to come to Canada even before we met but now wants to come even more and sooner. We plan on being married once she comes here as well.
I have been trying to figure out the best and fastest way to have her come here. All the stuff I find on the web is confusing.
If you have any suggestions as to who I can contact to get things started would be greatly appreciated.

Mike