+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married to a Romanian

Denisa

Jan 14, 2011
Hello

I am a Canadian citizen who is married to a Romanian. We sent our application for sponsorship back home in Toronto to my parents. They send it to the Immigration office in Mississauga and I got a letter said that they have approved me as a sponsor. Now, the file has been sent to Bucharest.. and we are waiting.
Me and my husband are very anxious to be together again.. :(

MarkGuy

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
Denisa said:
Hello

I am a Canadian citizen who is married to a Romanian. We sent our application for sponsorship back home in Toronto to my parents. They send it to the Immigration office in Mississauga and I got a letter said that they have approved me as a sponsor. Now, the file has been sent to Bucharest.. and we are waiting.
I see. Where are you and where is your husband?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just checked the timelines for Bucharest recently. They are fairly fast with 80% of cases done within 6 months so it should not be too long for you to wait.

Denisa

Jan 14, 2011
Thank you for the answer... I really can't wait until the mental torture is over with. Do you know how long should me and my husband should wait... towards April?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is immigration so nobody knows exactly. You can only hope it will be fast.

According to the immigration website, 80% of cases are done by 6 months in Bucharest. Hopefully your case is among the 80% fastest ones and is done in less than 6 months.

Denisa

Jan 14, 2011
I see... I can't stand this emotional and mental torture... *sigh*.. I just hope that we get some news soon.

Miguel de Cervantes

Dec 6, 2010
Hello,

I also am a Canadian citizen married to a Romanian, and living with him in Romania. I'm curious to know how long you have been waiting so far. We are still waiting to hear whether or not I am approved as a sponsor. May I ask if you are living in Canada, or Romania?

make-it-easy

Nov 7, 2010
Denisa said:
I see... I can't stand this emotional and mental torture... *sigh*.. I just hope that we get some news soon.
Hi Denisa,
are you worried because of the possible outcome of the assessment or,
everything should be fine but you just feel depressed because you are apart now?

If you want to overcome the depression, to some extend, try to concentrate on something else, like taking care of things that will help your husband settle down easier. Do whatever you think will help, so that you don't just sit and wait half a year. Look for the job offers, car dealers, the location of the stores he would like to go to (like home depot, canadian tire, electronics stores). Try to think of something that you'll need to buy when he arrives, like a larger bed, a desk for him and just go to the furniture store and spend three hours choosing the right one (unless you have some other things to do, of course). Make a list of things that you would need to do when he comes and try to take care of them in advance.

Hopefully this helps.

P.S. when my wife immigrated to Canada with her parents she was still my girlfriend and we had been dating for quite a while. Instead of breaking up, we decided to be faithful to each other and continue our relationship across the ocean (we are both from Moldova). We got married after 2 years since she left. And then it was another half a year for the PR visa to be issued and one more half a year of waiting, to finally fly to Canada.

That was a torture. Luckily, she was coming to visit for a month every summer..

MarkGuy

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
Miguel de Cervantes said:
...May I ask if you are living in Canada, or Romania?
I also was curious, that's why I asked:
Where are you and where is your husband?

It seems she is in Canada and her husband is in Romania now.

canadianlima

Dec 3, 2015
Denisa said:
Hello

hey I have a question, what kind of papers did you get to get marry in romania?, i am in the same way, i live in toronto i went to the consulate to get b a cutuma certificate, i got it 2 originals, plus i have my birth certificate legalized and apostille, the declaration of single will be made by a notary public in Timisoara. i dont know if i am correct with this? do the cityhall in timisoara ask for more papers? can you please guide me thank you so much.