+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married in Philippines - Annullment in Progress *HELP*

nedvert

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Not sure where to post this so I will do it here, thanks for understanding..just need some help and I know not a lot will know this...just trying to figure out if I am wasting my time...

My wife and I split up around 2 years 10 months into our marriage and I will be obtaining an annulment from the source country ( I was married in the Philippines in 2008) and am getting an annulment there due to work and residency concerns.

I did consult some lawyers here however I just find out now that in Canada an annulment will not completely separate the marriage. (meaning that I will need to do things to remarry and she could still look for support, etc in the future)

My questions are as follows:

1. If I am married in the source country and get annulled there is this different than obtaining an annulment in Canada or another country ?
2. I understand the laws for if annulled but i want to be completely sure that if I do end up waiting for the due process it will completely separate me from my wife completely.
3. It seems like I should be able to be annulled in Philippines and have it completely wipe out the marriage. Myself or my wife have never lived in Canada although she did
obtain residency through me over 1 year ago.

Thanks and please ask if you need any clarification on that any help would be appreciated

trewmenn

Champion Member
May 23, 2012
pinas
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2013
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
04-Sept-2013
Passport Req..
16-June-2014: In Process July 10, 2014-submit passport and docs July 15, 2014 by SG beronia
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2015 DM-04-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
4-Sept-2014 Going to Calgary
are u in canada? working? pls. pm me if want information regarding annulment... i wud like to help u kabayan.. if u want it in 3 months without ur appearance be sure u have relatives to process here in the phil.

flaming_zero

Mar 7, 2013
@trewmann.... im just a newbie here i read your post bout the annulment that it only took for just a month... i would like to know more bout this process as i have inquire some lawyers they told me that the process will take 6- 1yr.. how come that yours only a month then... can you PM me pls.... thanks a lot.... :)

IMCP

Jul 24, 2015
trewmenn said:
are u in canada? working? pls. pm me if want information regarding annulment... i wud like to help u kabayan.. if u want it in 3 months without ur appearance be sure u have relatives to process here in the phil.
Hi.. can i contact you regarding the annullment? please reply immediately. Thanks!!