+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married Couple in Canada will apply to Express Entry as Single applicant

JoGuRo

Apr 24, 2024
Guys help!

Can my husband apply in Express Entry alone and just say non-accompanying for the wife even though both are in Canada?
We have 2 daughters, a 4 years old in Visitor visa and a 4month old Canadian Citizen (she was born here in Canada).

Both of our work permits are expiring soon and the draws for EE are too high. Our score is 475.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Guys help!

Can my husband apply in Express Entry alone and just say non-accompanying for the wife even though both are in Canada?
We have 2 daughters, a 4 years old in Visitor visa and a 4month old Canadian Citizen (she was born here in Canada).

Both of our work permits are expiring soon and the draws for EE are too high. Our score is 475.
Yes, you can. You will not get PR as husband will sponsor you when he gets PR. Is that score as non-accompanying? What is his NOC? Bilingual?

JoGuRo

Apr 24, 2024
Yes, you can. You will not get PR as husband will sponsor you when he gets PR. Is that score as non-accompanying? What is his NOC? Bilingual?
Thank you! NOC B and the score is for both of us in EE and he only speaks english.

JoGuRo

Apr 24, 2024
So EE scores are over 500 unless his NOC is in healthcare, trades etc for a category draw. What is score with you as non-accompanying?
I haven’t calculated it yet. But is it possible to apply him as the main applicant alone in my gckey account?