+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

marriage while under the process of immigration

arpita608

Aug 28, 2018
hi currently i am under the process of immigration through cec express entry. i have submitted my final application and waiting for pr. during this stage can I get married ? will it effect my pr process ? i am thinking of landing single and later i will sponsor my wife.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi currently i am under the process of immigration through cec express entry. i have submitted my final application and waiting for pr. during this stage can I get married ? will it effect my pr process ? i am thinking of landing single and later i will sponsor my wife.
If you get married before landing, you must add your spouse. If you marry and then land as single, you will be committing misrepresentation and she will be forever excluded from the Family Class, meaning you will never be able to sponsor her.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
As soon as there is a life-changing event like a wedding, having a kid, adoption etc you will have to inform IRCC. When you do a landing interview they will ask about your relationship status as well.

The best way for you is to add her to the file or get married after your landing is done.