+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage proof

MYuva

Jul 22, 2020
Hi Legalfalcon,

I have a question regarding marriage certificate. I got married in 2004 India Tamilnadu. I have not registered my marriage. Now to apply for Pr under CEC, what other documents i can provide for Ircc?. Btw, i am staying in canada since 2017...due to this covid i may not able to travel India to get the document.. But i have got affidavit from public notary India as well from canada public notary. Also both in my passport and my husband's passport, spouse names are endorsed.
So could you please guide me on what other documents i could provide to satisfy this marriage proof?

MAIL2SUNDAREEE

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
other documents i can provide for Ircc?. Btw, i am staying in canada since 2017...due to this covid i may not able to travel India to get the document.. But i have got affidavit from public notary India as well from canada public notary. Also both in my passport and my husband's passport, spouse names are endorsed.
So could you please guide me on what other documents i could provide to satisfy this marriage proof?
Without 'Marriage Certificate' uploaded while applying for PR, your PR application might get rejected in the first level as 'Incomplete'

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
I just re-read the thread. Are you saying that a marriage certificate is available, but you'd have to go to India to get it? IRCC doesn't generally excuse document requirements based on the level of inconvenience required to acquire it, if it is available.

MYuva

Jul 22, 2020
I just re-read the thread. Are you saying that a marriage certificate is available, but you'd have to go to India to get it? IRCC doesn't generally excuse document requirements based on the level of inconvenience required to acquire it, if it is available.
@legalfalcon,

No. I dont have marriage certificate and have not applied ever since. So what other documents would IRCC accept for Marriage proof? BTW my husband and children has dependent visa and they are staying here with me in canada.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
But when you said, "due to this covid i may not able to travel India to get the document.." you strongly implied that the documents are available, if you go to India to get them. That's what I mean by the 'inconvenience' excuse.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

I have a question regarding marriage certificate. I got married in 2004 India Tamilnadu. I have not registered my marriage. Now to apply for Pr under CEC, what other documents i can provide for Ircc?. Btw, i am staying in canada since 2017...due to this covid i may not able to travel India to get the document.. But i have got affidavit from public notary India as well from canada public notary. Also both in my passport and my husband's passport, spouse names are endorsed.
Getting your marriage registered is mandatory under the law in India. If you have claimed that you are married, you have to produce a marriage certificate. For now, if your passport has your spouse's name, that may work but you will have to obtain your marriage certificate.

Alternatively, you can change that to common law relationship.

MYuva

Jul 22, 2020
@legalfalcon

Hello Sir, I just wanted to give more information about my case.
So far i have submitted my PR application Twice( November 2019 & June 2020). Both got rejected as Incomplete .
First was due to not submitting my Husband's WES report(though i submitted the WES report for ECA and not for IRCC) , and second was due to not submitting Marriage Certificate ( instead i submitted Marriage affidavit from Indian Notary as well from Canadian Notary).
As i said before in our passports, Spouse names are endorsed.
In this scenario could you please guide me on how should i proceed in order to get PR for me and family?
secondly, is it possible to apply without spouse ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Hello Sir, I just wanted to give more information about my case.
So far i have submitted my PR application Twice( November 2019 & June 2020). Both got rejected as Incomplete .
First was due to not submitting my Husband's WES report(though i submitted the WES report for ECA and not for IRCC) , and second was due to not submitting Marriage Certificate ( instead i submitted Marriage affidavit from Indian Notary as well from Canadian Notary).
As i said before in our passports, Spouse names are endorsed.
In this scenario could you please guide me on how should i proceed in order to get PR for me and family?
secondly, is it possible to apply without spouse ?
As I mentioned before, you all have to obtain a marriage certificate. You can file your application and in your LoE inform that you do not yet have a marriage certificate and will obtain it soon. As a proof, also mention your spouse's name in your passport. You will have to get some evidence that you have initiated the process to obtain your marriage certificate.

Since you have filed your applications in which you claimed you are married, you cannot change it to single. That would amount to misrepresentation.Even if you change your spouse from accompanying to non-accompanying, you will still need a marriage certificate.