+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage Certificate Issues - Ontario, Canada

teamduckie

Oct 7, 2013
Hi all,

My wife and I have finally compiled everything for our application and are just about ready to send it in. She is from the United States and I, Toronto,Canada. We were married April 30, 2014 and have yet been able to get a marriage certificate. (First there was registration problems, then missing credit card info, etc. and the mailing back and forth is taking forever and making me stress out) We sent in another request for marriage certificate but have yet to get a response and we expect to have to wait another while before we can finally get a good copy of it.

So my question is, Would it be wise to send in our application with a record of solemnization with a letter saying we will send the marriage certificate as soon as we can? Is sending it in separately a bad idea because things can get lost or mixed up?

Anybody with experience willing to offer advice is appreciated.

Thanks, JC

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
I would say better to wait for the marriage certificate before sending your application because they may return it due to missing documents

teamduckie

Oct 7, 2013
I see, thanks. That's unfortunate for us because we have everything ready but marriage certificate is making it so difficult to get :(

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
I understand that it must be disappointing but you suppose to received it within 15 days once applied
here is the link from service ontario
https://www.ontario.ca/government/marriage-certificate
waiting for 15 days is better than loosing weeks even months if you submit your PR application with a missing document. And it's not a random document, it's the key document since you are apply under spouse class.
I know it is not easy though

Aussam

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
In Process as of 15-09-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
29-11-2014
Order the File Size!!!
I had massive problems ordering the long form size as they recognized this as just a Marriage License!
It took 12 weeks from the date of marriage to receive the long form, then another 10 weeks sorting the mess out.

In turn, from my experience, you could send your application "mistakingly" putting in the wrong document for a marriage certificate and they'll email about missing documents you must send in within 30 days. It'd have to be a pretty incomplete application for them to send it back to you but it's totally up to you.

teamduckie

Oct 7, 2013
We originally ordered both the file size and long form and received that but somehow the registration was wrong and the birthplace of my wife was placed as Ontario, Canada rather than United States. We requested Form 23 which took some time, filled that out with a copy of her birth certificate then sent it back. A long time later we got the package back saying we missed the expiry date on credit card info although I had filled out credit card info twice in that package so I can't recall what happened. So I filled it out again and sent it back now it's been 3 weeks without answer, no credit card charge yet so I'm assuming there was another problem??? Every time we have to send it back and forth it takes like a month. >=[

kristinaa

Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2014
Which marriage certificate is appropriate for the application kit?

We have the long form one I think. It's a long piece of paper with the marriage license and the record of matrimony underneath.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
kristinaa said:

We have the long form one I think. It's a long piece of paper with the marriage license and the record of matrimony underneath.

Kristinna i sent the long form from Ontario and didn't have a problem .

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
teamduckie said:
We originally ordered both the file size and long form and received that but somehow the registration was wrong and the birthplace of my wife was placed as Ontario, Canada rather than United States. We requested Form 23 which took some time, filled that out with a copy of her birth certificate then sent it back. A long time later we got the package back saying we missed the expiry date on credit card info although I had filled out credit card info twice in that package so I can't recall what happened. So I filled it out again and sent it back now it's been 3 weeks without answer, no credit card charge yet so I'm assuming there was another problem??? Every time we have to send it back and forth it takes like a month. >=[
I would wait until you can send a full sponsorship application. There are two things that can happen if you don't
1) They return the whole package after the 41 days you have waited for sponsorship .
2) They give you 45 or 60 days to summit the missing documents , and they don't
look at your file till that 60 days has expired.
3) Do it right the first time so you application gets processed on a timely manner and complete package.

CLYL

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
September 2014. Remedical request Nov 2015
Interview........
IP since aor2 date in February 2015. Status changed to IP sometime in mid August 2015
kristinaa said:

I sent in copy of both forms because some people mentioned that had problem with one over the other. So, I decided to play it safe.