+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

marriage before PR Visa

doubtful

May 26, 2007
Can you tell me how much time CIC will give to submit them passport for stamping passport visa.

Can I get married during that time? It will not be a case of misreprentation if I get married before they issue me PR visa and I will give them marriage documents.

Will I be okay if i get married before they issue me PR visa,

they have asked me to submit passports.

aryabob

Jul 2, 2007
Doubtful

If your marital status or any status changes before you land. You should inform to related visa offices and wait for there instructions.
Even you get your visa,you have to return it back or wait for there instructions.
DO NOT LAND single if you get married or else you will face severe consequences , loose you PR right away if not then your PR will be in danger when you sponsor your wife. You may not be able to sponsor her ever.

I pray you receive this message before you make such a blunder.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
doubtful said:
Can you tell me how much time CIC will give to submit them passport for stamping passport visa.

Can I get married during that time? It will not be a case of misreprentation if I get married before they issue me PR visa and I will give them marriage documents.

Will I be okay if i get married before they issue me PR visa,

they have asked me to submit passports.

Hi doubtful

Based on your notes, it seems like you have already been asked for the passport, well you have two options since CIC gives about 30 days for passport delivery.

1- Get married and let CIC knows your new marital Status ASAP, so they will tell you what would be the next steps for you to follow
2- Get your visa stamped, do your landing, wait for you PR card, get married and then apply for her as sponsor.

It is much likely that your future wife will need to wait some time to get sponsored. 

Please make sure to communicate your marital status to the CIC if it changes, before your landing or you will be not able to apply for your wife or at least she will wait for long, long time

Regards,
Eduardo

lemz2616

Jan 31, 2013
Getting Married both Open Work Permit Holder.

HI! IM new here.i just wanna ask an advise because me and my boyfriend are planning to get married while waiting for our PR status.Do you think it is a good idea? Or we should wait for our PR status first before we get married?please advise. Thank you!