+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marital Status Error on CoPR

Mimmie123

Jun 2, 2016
Please advice,

I just received my PPT and CoPR. This is the second time as I got married after receiving visa last year and added my spouse. After the long wait with the visa office holding on to my Passport for a whole year, so as to update my marital status, they send back issued visa and CoPR is still single. Can this be rectified at landing?
I have bought my ticket and set to land in less than a month.
I notified CIC and they say to send it back and also my husband is not accompanying and his medical is expired so he should do upfront medical for the correction.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Last edited:

Mimmie123

Jun 2, 2016
Thank you MaryL but I have notified them and added my spouse to the application. He has done PCC, background checks and medical and I was issued a fresh visa and CoPR. However, he is not accompanying. They made an error on my CoPR after adding my spouse. Stating marital status: single.

Manbirsingh

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Hi everyone, I need help if anyone can!!! I received CoPR and found my marital status is written as single but at the bottom of letter rhere is also written spouse’s details with accompanying.
Can it be done at POE or should be informed visa office????

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone, I need help if anyone can!!! I received CoPR and found my marital status is written as single but at the bottom of letter rhere is also written spouse’s details with accompanying.
Can it be done at POE or should be informed visa office????
As your spouse was fully included in your app, it is a clerical error that can be corrected at the POE.

Manbirsingh

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
As your spouse was fully included in your app, it is a clerical error that can be corrected at the POE.
Thnks, but now I have mailed NDVO about this, waiting for their reply. Will NDVO ask for return of CoPR or will they suggest to travel and make correction at POE????

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thnks, but now I have mailed NDVO about this, waiting for their reply. Will NDVO ask for return of CoPR or will they suggest to travel and make correction at POE????
Now that you have made them aware, they might request the return of the COPR.

Manbirsingh

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Anyone knows after submitting passport and CoPR, in how many days we can get back new CoPR??? Does it takes more time than the usual for correction????
One of the member has also submitted for name correction of spouse and it has been one month and didn’t hear any news till now???
@canuck_in_uk do u know plz??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Anyone knows after submitting passport and CoPR, in how many days we can get back new CoPR??? Does it takes more time than the usual for correction????
One of the member has also submitted for name correction of spouse and it has been one month and didn’t hear any news till now???
@canuck_in_uk do u know plz??
There is no set time. You will just have to wait.

Reactions: Manbirsingh

Charles23

Dec 1, 2019
Mine took 1 month only. But they send me the same mistake on my copr. My marital status still common-law instead of married. Might try to go to poe and try if they allowed to correct my copr.

CDz

Jan 25, 2023
Is it still allowed to get your marital status corrected at POE?? any link where it expressly states this??
mine should be married but it says single.. wife added at the bottom though as spouse accompanying.. her marital status is correct saying married.
I raised webforms but not sure how long will that take..

Please let me know if it is still allowed to fix this error at POE