+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marital Status Chaos. In passport it is single and EE profile it is Married. whether i need to update my passport ??

Sharath1234

Oct 25, 2021
Hi,

I recently got married, and in my passport marital status is single. During applying Express entry profile, I have applied as MARRIED.

Does it will conflict with my process.

Does it require changes in the passport or I can update the EE single status as single to pass through the process?

Can anyone help me out on this?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,

I recently got married, and in my passport marital status is single. During applying Express entry profile, I have applied as MARRIED.

Does it will conflict with my process.

Does it require changes in the passport or I can update the EE single status as single to pass through the process?

Can anyone help me out on this?
Make sure that you applied as your REAL marial status. Otherwise you will be mispresenting.

Update your passport or not, it depends on your country. e.g. Canadian passports do not have marital status.

Reactions: Sharath1234

Sharath1234

Oct 25, 2021
Make sure that you applied as your REAL marial status. Otherwise you will be mispresenting.

Update your passport or not, it depends on your country. e.g. Canadian passports do not have marital status.
Thanks for the clarification