+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marital status changed after PR application

ikram7805

Dec 11, 2016
Hi there, i have been trying to find an answer to the situation I am in and I have not been able to find anything on IRCC website or on the internet.

My girlfriend and I have been living together for 11 months. She recently applied for PR under tr to pr pathway. Since we have not been together for one year; she declared herself as single/never married on the appication.

But next week we will be together for 1 year and we will be officially common-law partners. But in the meantime I fell out of status and currently have a restoration in progress. What should we do in this situation? We don't want to misinterpret but at the same time I am not sure if me being out-of-status will affect her PR application.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi there, i have been trying to find an answer to the situation I am in and I have not been able to find anything on IRCC website or on the internet.

My girlfriend and I have been living together for 11 months. She recently applied for PR under tr to pr pathway. Since we have not been together for one year; she declared herself as single/never married on the appication.

But next week we will be together for 1 year and we will be officially common-law partners. But in the meantime I fell out of status and currently have a restoration in progress. What should we do in this situation? We don't want to misinterpret but at the same time I am not sure if me being out-of-status will affect her PR application.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Your girlfriend can include you in her PR application post AOR as a common law partner.
You can also explain in LOE that your relationship turned 12 months post application and include all the proof required for addition of partner.

Note: This is just my opinion and not to be considered as a final advice on Immigration.

Reactions: ikram7805