+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2024, Tourist visa is still pending from India

Sammyss

Jul 6, 2024
Hi All,

I applied for my Dad's visa in March 2024 on old IRCC portal. Biometric is done, but the status still shows background verification in progress. Raised webform a week back but no response.

What should I do to expedite the process?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

I applied for my Dad's visa in March 2024 on old IRCC portal. Biometric is done, but the status still shows background verification in progress. Raised webform a week back but no response.

What should I do to expedite the process?

Thanks
There is no way to expedite. You filed a webform so wait for a response. Call IRCC and talk to agent and ask about status. Has eligibility started? Does dad have a strong profile— own funds, ties to return, travel history etc. How long was visit?

Sammyss

Jul 6, 2024
There is no way to expedite. You filed a webform so wait for a response. Call IRCC and talk to agent and ask about status. Has eligibility started? Does dad have a strong profile— own funds, ties to return, travel history etc. How long was visit?
No, eligibility is not started. I applied for both previously and was refused. Then, I applied for my mom first in February and got approval in February as well. After that, I applied for my dad. He has a strong profile with funds and property but no travel history.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No, eligibility is not started. I applied for both previously and was refused. Then, I applied for my mom first in February and got approval in February as well. After that, I applied for my dad. He has a strong profile with funds and property but no travel history.
So what were reasons for previous refusal? Those need to be addressed. What are his ties to return since he has no family ties if his wife got approved? Were funds a reason for refusal the first time? Funds are one part but he still needs to address reasons for refusal.

Sammyss

Jul 6, 2024
So what were reasons for previous refusal? Those need to be addressed. What are his ties to return since he has no family ties if his wife got approved? Were funds a reason for refusal the first time? Funds are one part but he still needs to address reasons for refusal.
Not having significant ties was the reason. But, last time I attached some documents(Property valuation, bank balance(CAD $20,000), Accounts report, Other fixed assets). This time I attached additional documents(Pensionary order which he is receiving from Indian Govt., Bank Balance(CAD $38000), evaluation of other property) and a letter explaining why he has to come back.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not having significant ties was the reason. But, last time I attached some documents(Property valuation, bank balance(CAD $20,000), Accounts report, Other fixed assets). This time I attached additional documents(Pensionary order which he is receiving from Indian Govt., Bank Balance(CAD $38000), evaluation of other property) and a letter explaining why he has to come back.
So what does the letter say that he will return? This isn’t about funds or properties.

Sammyss

Jul 6, 2024
Code:
I have reviewed the application.

I have considered the following factors in my decision.

The applicant does not have significant family ties outside Canada.

The purpose of the applicant's visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application.

Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.

For the reasons above, I have refused this application.
Above is the reason, also it says "File processed with the assistance of Chinook 3+ / Dossier traité à l'aide de Chinook 3+". Not sure what that means

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Code:

The purpose of the applicant's visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application.

Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.

Above is the reason, also it says "File processed with the assistance of Chinook 3+ / Dossier traité à l'aide de Chinook 3+". Not sure what that means
Code: