+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manitoba PNP options for not in-demand occupation

Feb 4, 2023
Hello, I'm a Ukrainian national CUAET holder with open work permit.
I'm considering Manitoba Provincial Nomination Program but there are some confusion among the eligibility criteria. Please help me to figure out what is best for me and whether I'm eligible at all.
If I come to Manitoba now and work there I believe I can apply via skilled worker Manitoba stream.
Skilled worker Manitoba gives you points for adaptability factor for ongoing work experience of 6 months, but I found the following experience criteria:

Graduates of a post-secondary study or training program in Manitoba, with a minimum of six months’ work experience in Manitoba in occupations on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list (see below). The job does not necessarily need to be related to your field of study; OR

Temporary foreign workers (TFWs) in occupations not on Manitoba’s published In-demand Occupations list who have worked a minimum of 12 months in Manitoba with a Canadian work permit, which may or may not be supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA);

So my question is if my work experience is not in in-demand occupation (let's say it's labourer) and I work in Manitoba as a labourer too how long do I need to have worked to be eligible to lodge EOI? 6 or 12 months? Am I eligible at all in my case?