+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manitoba or Quebec for international students?

diod92

Aug 10, 2018
Hi! I am an international student studying a master in Montreal, Quebec. I am supposed to apply for the CSQ after my studies to get my PR.

However, I was accepted to a very very interesting program with private funding in the University of Manitoba. I want to switch up my program of studies to Winnipeg, but I am afraid the pathway for obtaining the PR in Manitoba will be longer and more difficult. I am studying French, I have now a lower intermediate level.

What do you suggest me to do? Which of the two provinces are easier to immigrate after graduation?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! I am an international student studying a master in Montreal, Quebec. I am supposed to apply for the CSQ after my studies to get my PR.

However, I was accepted to a very very interesting program with private funding in the University of Manitoba. I want to switch up my program of studies to Winnipeg, but I am afraid the pathway for obtaining the PR in Manitoba will be longer and more difficult. I am studying French, I have now a lower intermediate level.

What do you suggest me to do? Which of the two provinces are easier to immigrate after graduation?
I would advise you pursue the shortest route/option to getting your PR.

All the best.

Cheers

Omofar.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Would go with the interesting career path and private funding. You don't have a high level of French and who knows what is going to happen with immigration in Quebec. This interesting opportunity will likely lead to other interesting opportunities for your career. As a masters student you should have no problem getting PR through one of the EE programs.