+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila 4th Qtr 2012 applicants, we are on our 14th mo. already

cruise

Jul 16, 2012
Hi guys,

We are on our 14th month normal processing time already for family sponsorship. Canadian embassy has my spouse's passport since Sept. 2013 and we have gone through every requirement such as 2nd medical etc.. Still waiting. I plan to make a case specific inquiry in March as I would be over the 14th mo. normal processing time. Anybody want to share their timeline? Whether finished or not? Thanks

PAGASA

Jan 19, 2013
I am back in this forum due to my frustrations! :eek:

We are on the same boat and farther from where you stand. I'm a Feb 2012 applicant..that is more than 24mos
application, 21 months since file transfer and 19mos from ppr(CEM got my passport July 2012 and it means I am held in my own country, not allowed to travel anywhere! :mad: ) CEM asked for additional reqmts last Oct. 2013 and until now, no replies, no remed request...no whatsoever!

What can we do? :eek:

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 ... In Process 12-03-2014...Decision Made 14-03-2014 as per ECAS
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
If I were you folks I'd be writing letters..your Member of Parliament..the Monkey responsible for Citizenship and Immigration..did you see your files..
What are the stated timelines when you applied??

cruise

Jul 16, 2012
Hi pagasa,

Were you sponsored by your spouse in canada? The embassy in Manila has your passport? Did you inquire with the embassy? You can do that if you go over the normal processing time of 14 mos.

PAGASA

Jan 19, 2013
JGM613 said:
If I were you folks I'd be writing letters..your Member of Parliament..the Monkey responsible for Citizenship and Immigration..did you see your files..
What are the stated timelines when you applied??
Hi! Yes we did that already. My husband has been visiting the Mp's office quite often but to no avail, the only thing the staff can say is our file is on cue :) We are asked to follow up every four weeks :eek:

cruise

Jul 16, 2012
Hi pagasa,

When you emailed the embassy, what was the reply? How long has it been now that the Canadian embassy in Manila has your passport?

PAGASA

Jan 19, 2013
cruise said:
Hi pagasa,

Were you sponsored by your spouse in canada? The embassy in Manila has your passport? Did you inquire with the embassy? You can do that if you go over the normal processing time of 14 mos.
Hi cruise! Yes I am being sponsored by my husband and yes too our passports(mine and kids') are with the Manila's ofc since July of 2012. We already hired a lawyer from Toronto to follow up on our application and to check the leagalities of our app. He assured us there is no problem and it's a matter of time. Yeah right but how much time are we talking here? 2 years of waiting is no longer a joke! :D

cruise

Jul 16, 2012
Hi Pagasa,

Try using the direct inquiry via email on the CIC website under "case specific inquiry". The embassy will reply if you are over the 14 months processing time. The embassy has held on to your passport for so long.

PAGASA

Jan 19, 2013
cruise said:
Hi Pagasa,

Try using the direct inquiry via email on the CIC website under "case specific inquiry". The embassy will reply if you are over the 14 months processing time. The embassy has held on to your passport for so long.
Thanks. I will try that again.
Are you the sponsor? Can you share your timeline?

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 ... In Process 12-03-2014...Decision Made 14-03-2014 as per ECAS
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
In fact the fourteen months that exists today is really a side issue..
When PAGASA applied I can assure you that the stated timelines were much shorter than fourteen months..

This is frightening!! Sorry to hear about this..I know from following the English Manila thread for almost a year another situation...similarities maybe..children involved that had a really unreasonablewait also.

Sounds like you're MP is likely as useless as mine..

cruise

Jul 16, 2012
Hi pagasa, yes I am the sponsor. CIC received my petition papers Nov 2012. Everything has been processed, approved for sponsorship, medical on the applicant (spouse in Manila), passport requested by the Canadian embassy in Manila, etc.. February 2014 is our 14 th month which is the average processing time for the Philippines. My spouse's passport has been with the embassy for 6 months now. That's why I am requesting feedback for people under the same timeline.

I Agree with JGM613. If CIC received your papers feb 2012 and your passports have been with the embassy for more than a year, that is unusual and you should receive a more definite explanation from the embassy. The email for case specific inquiries is the avenue for that. Try to email the embassy again.

cruise

Jul 16, 2012
Spouse's passport has been with the Canadian embassy in Manila for 6 months now. This last step is really frustrating. Anybody else in a similar scenario?

cruise

Jul 16, 2012
hi Pagasa,

Not even a generic automated reply that your file has been queued? I will email this Saturday as that is the day I am officially over the 14 months normal processing time for Manila. I will post the response if I get any.