+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Making life less upsetting for wife

fr67

Mar 16, 2019
Hi my wife is in process for PR (inland) and we haven't heard back from immigration yet (the initial contact from whatever it is). Our submission was November 1st so I hope since it's been 3 months that she'll get that flippin letter soon.
In the meantime, without that letter,she is unable to start going to this nifty English assessment program at YMCA greater Toronto. (It requires you to have a work VISA or PR initial approval)

The situation is we've been waiting, waiting, waiting for so long to get our application finished...and now its submitted...and she feels like she can't take care of anything herself. Despite being very good at English,she feels very isolated here and has lost all of her confidence since she can't legally take care of anything for us. All that has broken her confidence to speak.

Having to process a second language has been exhausting and she is so tired and frustrated.

Any suggestions for getting confidence at this time and any programs that don't require official documentation as is required by the YMCA program?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi my wife is in process for PR (inland) and we haven't heard back from immigration yet (the initial contact from whatever it is). Our submission was November 1st so I hope since it's been 3 months that she'll get that flippin letter soon.
In the meantime, without that letter,she is unable to start going to this nifty English assessment program at YMCA greater Toronto. (It requires you to have a work VISA or PR initial approval)

The situation is we've been waiting, waiting, waiting for so long to get our application finished...and now its submitted...and she feels like she can't take care of anything herself. Despite being very good at English,she feels very isolated here and has lost all of her confidence since she can't legally take care of anything for us. All that has broken her confidence to speak.

Having to process a second language has been exhausting and she is so tired and frustrated.

Any suggestions for getting confidence at this time and any programs that don't require official documentation as is required by the YMCA program?
I would check out stuff like this:

https://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/search.jsp?Ntt=english+conversation+circle

https://www.meetup.com/English-Conversation-Cafe/

Reactions: fr67