+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Maintained status - what happens when rejected

bigstrong

Jul 23, 2024
I'm on a visitor visa applying for a work permit. If the work permit is rejected/denied and I am past my visitor visa expiry date, do I need to immediately leave the country the same day? Or is there a grace period for me to put my things in order?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm on a visitor visa applying for a work permit. If the work permit is rejected/denied and I am past my visitor visa expiry date, do I need to immediately leave the country the same day? Or is there a grace period for me to put my things in order?
You should be applying to extend your visitor status while waiting to see if you are approved for a WP so you remain in Canada legally.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What do you mean by visitor visa expiry date? You usually have valid visitor status for 6 months after your entry day into Canada.

bigstrong

Jul 23, 2024
Yes my 6 months runs out in 18 days. I have applied for a work permit 2 months ago, but haven't received the response so I'm wondering what happens when my 6 months run out...

I'm looking into applying for a visitor record to extend my visitor status while waiting for the work permit, but ircc says it takes 102 days for the visitor record to be processed—so I would be getting it far later than the work permit itself.

I read somewhere that when you apply for a visa/permit, your current status is maintained until you get the response. Is that true?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes my 6 months runs out in 18 days. I have applied for a work permit 2 months ago, but haven't received the response so I'm wondering what happens when my 6 months run out...

I'm looking into applying for a visitor record to extend my visitor status while waiting for the work permit, but ircc says it takes 102 days for the visitor record to be processed—so I would be getting it far later than the work permit itself.

I read somewhere that when you apply for a visa/permit, your current status is maintained until you get the response. Is that true?
you are in maintained status if you apply to extend your stay as visitor/apply for visitor record before you become out of status. So do that before your 6 months runs out.

Reactions: canuck78

samsoor momand

Star Member
May 18, 2024
Afghanistan
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
I hope for all the international rescuers. My wife Name Huma Tazkirli No 82053 and my Name Samsoor Momand my Tazkiri no 42308were both journalists. My wife natonal Radio (RTA)The Taliban blew up my father's Name Madar khancar. My father was a colonel. He was the commander of the Eastern Zone. He died six years ago in Chadna. My wife left the duty, then we did 10 years of duty with the IRC office in Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan. Because of the duty, the Taliban arrested me three times, tortured me, kept me in a dark room for two nights. We are laborers and we are killing your wife and three small children too, so we hope you save our lives. The IRC office has also given us a letter of recommendation and an echar letter, so we hope you save our lives and the lives of our children. We are living in fear. -- Sent from Samsoor Momand --
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2014/1/12
Doc's Request.
2023/2/12
Nomination.....
Ishaq orzala samoom mosa huma samsoor
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Yas
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
No
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
No
LANDED..........
No
I wish all the helpers

my name Samsor Momand this ID card number 42308 My age 31
My Emale addrss: Samsoor2002@gmail.com

My wife Huma Momand's identity card No. 82053 Age 40

We are both reporters too on Inka FM Radio and my wife on National Radio.(RTA)

My father, Colonel Madar Khan, was killed in the blast.2017/Feb2 jalalabad city

My wife was working with the IRC office from 2017 to 2023. I detained the Taliban three times in 2022. My eyes and hands were tied for two nights. My son is 9 years old and we are missing. We should kill him too because your father was a NATO mercenary and a woman should leave the IRC office. My wife has left the job. My wife has a HR letter and a recommendation lettar Have had IRC Offece i can't go out of the house.I have the official documents of my father's death
We don't have anything.Please save our lives