+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mailing your application to the cpc in Mississauga? READ HERE

Ray-lynn

Apr 3, 2012
Hello All

I just wanted to give a heads up to everyone who is sending their applications to the Case Processing Center in Mississauga. I sent my application in and used Canada post Xpress post to get it there because it has a tracking number and a guarantee delivery date. To me this was a no brainer because I needed to know that after months of work getting my application ready and lots of money and original documents it actually was delivered and is waiting for its turn to be processed. Now little did I know(or anyone else would know unless you work for Canada post as a supervisor) that because of the amount of of mail they receive on a daily basis they are simply unable to give each application the attention they deserve and are therefore just delivered. Now if u send ur application by regular mail then this is not an issue for you as you will have accepted that you will not know anything of your application until they have gotten around to opening it or they don't in which case you have a lost application. Now in my case I just wanted to know that it got there n was waiting its turn. But because Canada post has too much letters to deliver each day they do not have time to scan each one of them. Now this leaves me waiting to hear that my package arrived but it never happens. No one can tell me if it was received and no one knows where it is. So im left stressed out not knowing where my months of work are and not knowing if im in line to be processed or lost off a truck in a ditch lost on the side of the road somewhere. And since the CPC is so behind on their work it will b at least 3 months before I do find out if they have it or not. So After that long story here is the cautionary part.... If you care about your application as much as I care about mine I strongly suggest sending it in any method you wish as long as you ask for a signature. If you ask for a signature you will know when it got there and that it is waiting for its turn. Any other method even if its 1 day rush if it does not require a signature there is a very good chance you will not know where your application is until it is either processed or not.
Best of luck to all of you!

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't believe you can get a signature for it....and if you can, I don't agree that Canada Post tracking is that incorrect.

But on a side note.....If they ever return an application they use Canada post, and no one has control over that.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
In over a decade, I have never heard any such express/registered mail getting lost.

I think you're stressing a lot, did you call Canada Post and ask them to start investigation of your item ? That should get you a refund and they can track it and perhaps confirm it was indeed delivered.

Sometimes they forget the signature part because the mail for CPC's are all @ CanadaPost facility in Mississauga, so I doubt if it will be lost.

Pretty sure you'll hear from CIC when your package is opened. Don't lose heart over it.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
I used Canada Post and had overnight delivery....no signature but was fully tracked....took them an extra day to put the tracking info on line...i.e. package was delivered Feb 28th but tracking info wasn't posted until Feb 29th....

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Luckyman said:
I don't believe you can get a signature for it....and if you can, I don't agree that Canada Post tracking is that incorrect.

But on a side note.....If they ever return an application they use Canada post, and no one has control over that.
You can put a signature on a package sent through Canada post. I was given that option. I did not use it, since I had a tracking number. Everything was tracked and delivered with no problems.

To the poster, I don't think your package has been lost. That hardly ever happens. Just hold tight.

Hnhkrk

May 4, 2012
Illinois, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
LA --> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
25-04-2013
I overnight-ed my package from MONTREAL, QC to the CIC in MISSISSAUGA and had no problems whatsoever receiving the tracking information. In fact, the tracking information was updated same day.

hogaishaadi

Jun 26, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-ISL-LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2012
Doc's Request.
Ad Doc's May 2013
AOR Received.
May-12 ISL - July-14 LON
File Transfer...
June-2014 LON
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah Dec 2014
as long as you put a signature request... it will be gold, anything minus signature request is useless...

with the signature request... as i did that for my package... the canada post person will take it there, and some random person there will sign it... this will tell you its got there... any thing else is very vague hence you wont really know...

as far as losing your package, its only if the person delivering it is about to get fired and burns it or tosses it, lolz or you put the address to a wrong location... other than that, your package will always go to them... even in cases you send it to the wrong department, it will get bounced back to where it is supposed to go eventually (will cause delay)...

and the only other time ur file gets lost in transaction is when it gets sent to the wrong visa office... say instead of LA it goes to ANKARA or MANILA, etc... then you have a problem...

so stop stressing, and wait out the 2-3 months time of the initial stage patiently and chit chat with the spouse/partner :)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
hogaishaadi said:
as long as you put a signature request... it will be gold, anything minus signature request is useless... not true.....many people don't get signature request....and if you send to the box office # you more than likely won't get signature request

with the signature request... as i did that for my package... the canada post person will take it there, and some random person there will sign it... this will tell you its got there... any thing else is very vague hence you wont really know...

as far as losing your package, its only if the person delivering it is about to get fired and burns it or tosses it, lolz or you put the address to a wrong location... other than that, your package will always go to them... even in cases you send it to the wrong department, it will get bounced back to where it is supposed to go eventually (will cause delay)...

and the only other time ur file gets lost in transaction is when it gets sent to the wrong visa office... say instead of LA it goes to ANKARA or MANILA, etc... then you have a problem...

so stop stressing, and wait out the 2-3 months time of the initial stage patiently and chit chat with the spouse/partner :)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
We got a signature, I forget the name but someone signed for it. Sent it via Canada Post Express. I work for CP, while it's true they have tonnes of mail, they process it as soon as they get it or else they can be fired very easily.

I think you might be freaking out over nothing. If you're that worried, call CP, ask them to investigate and they will find out where it went.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
I sent it standard mail, the cheapest one, on a Friday and they got it on Monday according to CIC. Although I didn't know until 3 months later, but I'm not a worry wart about stuff like that.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
We did not request a signature either, and we were able to "track" it's delivery just fine.

Ray-lynn

Apr 3, 2012
Well I did call Canada post... many times. I spoke with 3 supervisors and had the issue investigated into. The end result was that they think the package was delivered but no one knows for sure. And since the CPC s over 2 months behind in opening applications ill have to wait n see if I hear from them if they received my package. I got the information I gave you from a supervisor at Canada post who has been working there for over 15yrs and explained to me what was going on. I see many of you haven't had a problem and that's great but from what i was told many packages even those with tracking numbers such as mine do not get scanned for delivery to CPC as they simply do not have enough workers and/or time in the day to scan everything therefor packages requiring signature are put through first and all others after that. I just needed the peace of mind that after so much work and time was put into this that it arrived safely n sadly that's not what I got. So for all of you who's packages got there safely thats great but this was just a heads up to those who haven't sent yet who might want to avoid going through what I have gone through.