+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mail or e-mail?

Shadow Rider

Nov 22, 2018
Hi all helpful folks.

So my parents have received an email from the Immigration and Medical Services Division of High Commission of Canada in London who have requested the following items:
  1. Updated IMM 5669
  2. Updated IMM 5662
  3. Police Certificate
  4. Applicants' marriage certificate
  5. Sponsors' marriage certificate
My question is - is the best way to send these documents by mail or email? Of course email would be much more easier but will they accept scanned copies of the police clearance and other signed/notarized documents, or do they want the originals?

Parents have also been asked for medical certificate but as far as I understand the IRCC will send it to CIC directly.

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
Hi all helpful folks.

So my parents have received an email from the Immigration and Medical Services Division of High Commission of Canada in London who have requested the following items:
  1. Updated IMM 5669
  2. Updated IMM 5662
  3. Police Certificate
  4. Applicants' marriage certificate
  5. Sponsors' marriage certificate
My question is - is the best way to send these documents by mail or email? Of course email would be much more easier but will they accept scanned copies of the police clearance and other signed/notarized documents, or do they want the originals?

Parents have also been asked for medical certificate but as far as I understand the IRCC will send it to CIC directly.
I sent them a scanned copy of my police certificate and had no problem. Read the request again, do they say how to send it?
IRCC is the new name of CIC, but if you mean that the doctor will send it to IRCC directly then youre right.

Shadow Rider

Nov 22, 2018
I sent them a scanned copy of my police certificate and had no problem. Read the request again, do they say how to send it?
IRCC is the new name of CIC, but if you mean that the doctor will send it to IRCC directly then youre right.
Yes, thats right. Thanks for correcting me.

And no, they have not included their email address on the letter even though they have alluded to the docs being sent by email as long as the attachment size is below 5MB.

Please can anyone help me with the correct email address?