+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Made a mistake in IMM5257e by mentioning my given name under family name and vice versa.

Nadieee

Aug 26, 2023
Hi, How did you resolve the issue? I am facing a similar problem. I accidentally swapped the first and last names in the IMM5257e form.
Hi, updating so it may help someone else. I had issues with the IMM 5257e form and while filling it swapped the first and last name. Once I submitted the application for a visa, I received the biometric letter. The first and last name was swapped on the letter too. I submitted the IRCC web form and informed them about the mistake. Did not hear back from them. But in the meantime, I went ahead with the biometric appointment and told the representative there about the entire situation. They took my biometric letter and passport, completed the biometric, and a day later the issue was resolved and on GCkey's account for the visa application I saw the principal applicant's name was corrected and biometrics were added to my profile.

Thanks.

the.tq.guy

Star Member
Apr 11, 2024
Oakville, ON
Category........
CEC
I had the same issue with the biometrics letter for my mother in her visitor visa, where her first name appeared under the last name, and the last name was under the first name. I booked an appointment with VFS Global (VAC), they told me that they take the name from the passport, not from the visa application.

During her biometrics appointment, they used the name as it appears on my passport. After taking her biometrics, they updated her name in the system and gave her a biometrics confirmation receipt showing her correct name.

When I checked later, I saw that the IRCC had also updated her name according to the biometrics receipt from the VFS (VAC), and her biometrics had been successfully uploaded.

I hope this helps anyone who might face a similar issue in the future!