+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lower Points for Express Entry

Nov 20, 2023
Hello guys, I have a Bachelors and a Masters degree from my home Country and i also worked for two years as an IT support in my home country. i Completed a one year Diploma in cybersecurity in Canada but don't have a valid Job offer in Canada. Do you guys think i'd be eligible to apply for an Express Entry? I checked my scores it was all total 420. and what do you guys think i should do please?

Reactions: HUSSEN NAJMI

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello guys, I have a Bachelors and a Masters degree from my home Country and i also worked for two years as an IT support in my home country. i Completed a one year Diploma in cybersecurity in Canada but don't have a valid Job offer in Canada. Do you guys think i'd be eligible to apply for an Express Entry? I checked my scores it was all total 420. and what do you guys think i should do please?
So do you have a work permit and a year of Canadian experience? If not elgibile for CEC, do you have ECA for your Masters degree and IELTS scores of CLB 7 in each band? Without ECA, not sure you are eligible for EE-FSW as you need at least 67 selection points.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should look at tech specific programs and also keep on looking for tech jobs. Do you have any IT work experience in Canada? Both will likely help you get PR.