+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lost the pr cards of my kids

wantinfo

Dec 31, 2012
hi

Myself and my kids are right now in canada. I don't know how but somehow i seemed to be missing my kids' pr cards (2 kids). But i have the photocopies of them in my computer. our pr card expires in nov 2015. And we have completed 100 days in canada. my kids are attending schools here.
so he have enough time to complete the required 730 days for pr retainment. All i'm right now worried is, whether i would be facing difficulties when applying for a replacement card.

i would be very thankful for any valued response

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-replace-pr-card.asp

Apply for a replacement permanent resident card
Lost, stolen, destroyed or expired permanent resident cards (PR cards) issued by the Government of Canada can be replaced. To have documents replaced, you must complete an application and pay the $50 processing fee.

If your PR card is lost, stolen or destroyed, immediately contact the Call Centre. If your card has simply expired (or is due to expire), you do not need to contact the Call Centre.

You will have to complete an application for a new PR card. Follow the steps to apply for your permanent resident card.

wantinfo said:
hi

Myself and my kids are right now in canada. I don't know how but somehow i seemed to be missing my kids' pr cards (2 kids). But i have the photocopies of them in my computer. our pr card expires in nov 2015. And we have completed 100 days in canada. my kids are attending schools here.
so he have enough time to complete the required 730 days for pr retainment. All i'm right now worried is, whether i would be facing difficulties when applying for a replacement card.

i would be very thankful for any valued response