06-10-2013
Med's Request
09-Mar-2014
Med's Done....
14-Mar-2014
Passport Req..
03-Apr-2014
All,

My parents lost their Indian passports with Valid Canada visa in Canada. Now, they have applied for the passport.

My questions
1) I found the following link for replacing the lost visa. Is this the right link for Canada Visitor Visa?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

2) Can they leave Canada without getting their Visa stamped and apply for the replacement Visa from India?
When I inquired with CIC they mentioned that Canada do not care/check as there is no exit check. But, what about in India when they have arrived? Do the immigration ppl in India need to see a Visa where travelers are coming from?

If you think India immigration is not a problem, are there any other problems that I am not foreseeing?

The main thing is they have their tickets booked (Toronto to India) for 2nd week of August and I don't think they receive both Passports and Visa before that. My parents are looking for possibilities to travel on the same return date.

Please advise.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I could think of one problem that you are not foreseeing. For example a transit police caught your parents in violation of the bylaws and ask for your parents visa documents.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
suraj.jaldu said:
2) Can they leave Canada without getting their Visa stamped and apply for the replacement Visa from India?
When I inquired with CIC they mentioned that Canada do not care/check as there is no exit check. But, what about in India when they have arrived? Do the immigration ppl in India need to see a Visa where travelers are coming from?
This is misleading.

Canada "doesn't care" is not true, they do care, but they don't make a big deal out of it. Whenever someone leaves the country there are records, for example an aircraft should give the manifest of who is aboard the aircraft, this is then fed to the CBSA database. When you come back and request entry your info will be visible to the CBSA officer, so they do care about it if you are violating any law or attempting to abuse any immigration document (for example too frequent and long visits).