+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost my job can I still apply for super visa

Ashish2024

Jun 28, 2024
I want to apply for my parents' Super Visa. I won't have a job after mid of next month. If I apply while I still have the job, and lose my job afterwards, will it impact the visa application?
In addition, while I am currently still employed, I am taking Short term disability benefits from my insurance for mental health issues. Will this affect the application? As far as I know, Short term disability benefits does not come under social assistance.
I have $70k in my bank account currently.

Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I want to apply for my parents' Super Visa. I won't have a job after mid of next month. If I apply while I still have the job, and lose my job afterwards, will it impact the visa application?
In addition, while I am currently still employed, I am taking Short term disability benefits from my insurance for mental health issues. Will this affect the application? As far as I know, Short term disability benefits does not come under social assistance.
I have $70k in my bank account currently.

Thanks in advance.
It is based on NOA for the total number of people in your family, not funds in the bank. If you don’t have a job then it may factor in.

Ashish2024

Jun 28, 2024
I had always been employed, but wont have a job after next month. There are 2 members in my family (me and my partner) and my partner is earning too.
Do you think if I lose the job after applying, it will have an impact? Currently I do have the job. Sorry, I didn't understand your answer well.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I had always been employed, but wont have a job after next month. There are 2 members in my family (me and my partner) and my partner is earning too.
Do you think if I lose the job after applying, it will have an impact? Currently I do have the job. Sorry, I didn't understand your answer well.
So you show your NOA. Are you common law or married? If so do you meet LICO for 4 people. If married/common-law is your partner willing to co-sign and take on responsibility too? Their NOC must be included.

Ashish2024

Jun 28, 2024
I still have my job. If I apply now, and lose the job in future, will it affect the application? From your reply, it seems if NOA is fine, then nothing else is required.

Ashish2024

Jun 28, 2024
I am submitting NOA, and all necessary documents that they require. is it mandatory to inform ircc if I lose my job in future? What if I don't?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am submitting NOA, and all necessary documents that they require. is it mandatory to inform ircc if I lose my job in future? What if I don't?
Yes you are required to update information if it changes during processing. The fact that you are unemployed could create concerns about your ability to support a parent financially in Canada and would lead to a change in income.

Ashish2024

Jun 28, 2024
If I let them know, that could create concerns for sure. What if I don't let them know?
I am submitting NOA+bank-statements ($100,000) and I meet LICO as well. I have my spouse who is also a job holder,shall I ask my partner to co-sign the invitation letter?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
If I let them know, that could create concerns for sure. What if I don't let them know?
I am submitting NOA+bank-statements ($100,000) and I meet LICO as well. I have my spouse who is also a job holder,shall I ask my partner to co-sign the invitation letter?
Do you really want to risk misrepresentation? If it is required, then it is required.

Just my opinion, though. You are free to do as you please.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I would have your spouse co-sign. Previous application will be referenced so it is important to provide correct information.