+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost Job after a month of applying for BOWP !!

somojitkumar

Apr 17, 2020
Hi all

I got my eAOR on May 27th and have applied for BOWP on July 7th and while applying I had mentioned intend to work for the present employer(didnt provide LMIA).

And my PR application(CEC ,didnt claim points for job offer) completion date is around Nov27th and my closed Work permit is expiring on Nov 5th.

but due to COVID i was asked to return to my home country or else be laid off, I chose the later.

Will there be a possibility for BOWP to get rejected, Also will I be issued a COPR along with travel visa if i travel back to my country, so that i can come back later.

What should be my next step in case BOWP gets rejected as my last working day is 10th Aug.

I am really worried. Please advice.

thanks and regards
Somojit

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
A BOWP is an open work permit so you don't need to be employed. If you leave Canada they will continue processing your PR application and you can come back when it's approved. But why would your employer tell you to either return to your home country or be laid off? This part makes no sense.

somojitkumar

Apr 17, 2020
Thanks for the response.
I was working for this IT firm back in my home country and was transferred to a project here in Canada, and now due to Covid they are asking me to return to my home country to do cost cutting.