+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost CoPR Document

trupti88

Sep 15, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I am currently in the US and I have lost my CoPR document. My last date to enter Canada is December 24th and I planned on crossing via car using the Peace Arch from Seattle to Vancouver. I have called IRCC helpline but they were not able to help much on the exact next steps. All they asked me to do is create a web form and wait. I have since 2 weeks raised webforms and emailed the immigration office (all official emails) and emailed the New York Embassy as well. But I have not yet received any reply from anyone.

I read in some forum where someone with a similar case was able to get their CoPR printed at the Toronto airport after they initially got rejected at the Michigan Windsor Tunnel crossing. But this seems like a hit-and-miss to me. I was advised by the IRCC helpline agent not to try anything like that as it is risky.

I called the border crossing number and spoke to an agent. He told me that printing a CopR is possible if there is an immigration office at the crossing but could not guarantee if the Seattle Peace Arch is one of them. But I have not heard this from anyone else and there is no such information about this online specifically.

Please let me know if anyone has had or heard of similar situations. I know that we can request for missing CoPR after the soft landing but this is completely different from what I am reading.

Thank you very much everyone.

Trupti

trupti88

Sep 15, 2022
So I was able to get IRCC to email me the copy of the CoPR today morning. I just need to take a print out and I am good. The process took me about 2 weeks. They also offered to send new physical copies if I emailed them a return shipping label.

I hope this information helps someone else in a similar situation in the future.