+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Loosing the Job after PNP

Cham1994

Mar 26, 2024
I received my PNP through Alberta. And I already applied for permanent residency. Unfortunately I lost my job from my employer. And my work permit expires in 10 days. I didn’t receive my AOR yet. What can I do in this situation. I am very depressed now because of this last minute decision given by my employer. I need your expertise. Thank you

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I received my PNP through Alberta. And I already applied for permanent residency. Unfortunately I lost my job from my employer. And my work permit expires in 10 days. I didn’t receive my AOR yet. What can I do in this situation. I am very depressed now because of this last minute decision given by my employer. I need your expertise. Thank you
You should email Alberta PNP office and let them know about your job termination. Unfortunately only option to extend your stay is for applying closed work permit with help of employer. You need to find another job and ask your employer to submit job offer in employer portal and pay $230 compliance fee. Last option is to convert your status to visitor .

Cham1994

Mar 26, 2024
You should email Alberta PNP office and let them know about your job termination. Unfortunately only option to extend your stay is for applying closed work permit with help of employer. You need to find another job and ask your employer to submit job offer in employer portal and pay $230 compliance fee. Last option is to convert your status to visitor .
Thank you for your quick response. I already have someone willing to offer a job. But the problem is will 10 days be enough to do all this. Including the time I have to inform PNP plus to change my letter 204(c). I already have it but under my previous employer.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you for your quick response. I already have someone willing to offer a job. But the problem is will 10 days be enough to do all this. Including the time I have to inform PNP plus to change my letter 204(c). I already have it but under my previous employer.
Unfortunately you can’t use that letter as it’s issued under old employer. First option is quickly find a job and quickly email all documents to PNP office and ask them to send updated WPSL. 10 days is really less time however last option can be that you can submit wp extension without WPSL to get some time to get new documents. Once you get all new documents from PNP office, send it through webform. Note this steps is little risky as it can result in refusal of your work permit.

• Love
Reactions: Cham1994