+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Loosing the job after express entry profile submition - FSWP

1984.suman

Apr 9, 2011
Hi All,

I need some help from all the experts. I am working for my current employer in Canada for 10 months and applying for Express Entry under Foreign Skilled Worker Program using the Job offer I got from my current employers. The market is really volatile and loosing my job is a possibility :-[. I want to understand the implications of loosing a job after submitting express entry profile with the Job Offer. Please help. Side note: I studied full time in Canada for 2 years and have 5 years of skilled experience in India.

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
without job its not possible. best way to find another job with same position or ask to
your employer to negotiate abt wage and hours. (u know what i try to tell you)
try to explain the situation and tell him that i m ready to compromise something for continue this job

Monija

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Well you qualify for FSW so you don't need that 1 year Canadian experience, what do you meant by applying using your job offer? Did you get 600 points for it?

1984.suman

Apr 9, 2011
Monija said:
Well you qualify for FSW so you don't need that 1 year Canadian experience, what do you meant by applying using your job offer? Did you get 600 points for it?
Yes, I wanted to get qualified for the 600 points..

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u said u working since 10 months right? how can u apply without completing 12 months full time?
if u will done 12 months by it then its sound good . u r good to go with cec. cec doesn't need current job
if u have already 12 months canadian exp. despite i would suggest lmia . lmia will boos your points and almost
u will sure in that pool.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
I think he is a bit confused about how Express Entry works. First, you don't choose which stream you apply for. You can be qualified for both FSW and CEC, but the system will determine your stream when you receive an ITA. You won't know until you get an ITA letter.

Second, you are only at the profile stage, so once there is a change to your situation you just update the profile and it will tell you whether you are eligible or not. If you are on PGWP now and do not have a LMIA or PNP then you will have to wait a bit before getting an invitation. As you can see from the 3rd draw cut-off there is still sometime before the score drops below 600.

Third, you can negotiate with your employer but keep in mind once you receive an ITA your employer will have to list your current wage and work responsibilities. If CIC sees that your wage is particular low compare to the median then that may not look good, so don't go too far there.

Good Luck.

1984.suman

Apr 9, 2011
ngelsa said:
I think he is a bit confused about how Express Entry works. First, you don't choose which stream you apply for. You can be qualified for both FSW and CEC, but the system will determine your stream when you receive an ITA. You won't know until you get an ITA letter.

Second, you are only at the profile stage, so once there is a change to your situation you just update the profile and it will tell you whether you are eligible or not. If you are on PGWP now and do not have a LMIA or PNP then you will have to wait a bit before getting an invitation. As you can see from the 3rd draw cut-off there is still sometime before the score drops below 600.

Third, you can negotiate with your employer but keep in mind once you receive an ITA your employer will have to list your current wage and work responsibilities. If CIC sees that your wage is particular low compare to the median then that may not look good, so don't go too far there.

Good Luck.
Thanks to all :)