+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Loosing my Job while waiting for non Express Entry PR- OINP

P1005

Jun 6, 2024
Hi everyone,

I received my OINP Foreign Worker Stream nomination with employer restricted base on job 21232 - Software developers and programmers. And I applied for non EE PR on 1st of August, currently still waiting to receive my AOR. My current PGWP gonna expired on 28 October 2024

Unfortunately, I just got let go from my job yesterday since my company did a big laid off, my role got terminated. I was in the process of working with HR to submit my job offer on Employer Portal for me to submit a Closed Work Permit LMIA exempt with OINP Work Support Letter, but that will be cancel now.

Do I need to report to OINP right away at this moment? I did try to call them to ask but they said I have to submit a webform ticket first under "Provide update after received nomination".

I know that I need to find a job that is similar to 21232 that met the median wage criteria for the OINP to not cancel my nomination. I think I have 30 days for find a new job?

The employer from the same company that let me go said that they have a position opening for senior analyst but this is a entirely different job under business team not IT. They want to know if I take this job will OINP accept this change and update my nomination? This new job is different title, different responsibility, different wage criteria.

Thank you in advance.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi everyone,

I received my OINP Foreign Worker Stream nomination with employer restricted base on job 21232 - Software developers and programmers. And I applied for non EE PR on 1st of August, currently still waiting to receive my AOR. My current PGWP gonna expired on 28 October 2024

Unfortunately, I just got let go from my job yesterday since my company did a big laid off, my role got terminated. I was in the process of working with HR to submit my job offer on Employer Portal for me to submit a Closed Work Permit LMIA exempt with OINP Work Support Letter, but that will be cancel now.

Do I need to report to OINP right away at this moment? I did try to call them to ask but they said I have to submit a webform ticket first under "Provide update after received nomination".

I know that I need to find a job that is similar to 21232 that met the median wage criteria for the OINP to not cancel my nomination. I think I have 30 days for find a new job?

The employer from the same company that let me go said that they have a position opening for senior analyst but this is a entirely different job under business team not IT. They want to know if I take this job will OINP accept this change and update my nomination? This new job is different title, different responsibility, different wage criteria.

Thank you in advance.
You are supposed to tell PNP office if there is change in job or you got laid off or terminated. Also find job asap and also inform PNP office. If you don’t notify them , you are committing misrepresentation.
https://www.ontarioimmigration.gov.on.ca/oinp_index/resources/app/home/index.html#!/form

P1005

Jun 6, 2024
You are supposed to tell PNP office if there is change in job or you got laid off or terminated. Also find job asap and also inform PNP office. If you don’t notify them , you are committing misrepresentation.
https://www.ontarioimmigration.gov.on.ca/oinp_index/resources/app/home/index.html#!/form
Hi @Miss bee,
For clarification, right now i have to submit a webform to inform them of my laid off situation right away. Then they give me some time to find a new job, after that I update them again when i find one?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi @Miss bee,
For clarification, right now i have to submit a webform to inform them of my laid off situation right away. Then they give me some time to find a new job, after that I update them again when i find one?
Yes . Submit webform and meanwhile keep finding job and update them again. They usually give you 3 months grace period and again it depends on PNP office .