+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for someone who successfully sought asylum

Seraghot

Jul 10, 2016
Hello,

Pretty much what the title says. I'm still outside Canada and have the intention of seeking asylum there. If anyone if you went through this successfully. I would very much appreciated if you could get in contact with me. I have few pressing questions that I couldn't find on cic website nor after researching on the internet.

You can PM or just leave a reply here. Thank you very much!

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Seraghot said:
Hello,

Pretty much what the title says. I'm still outside Canada and have the intention of seeking asylum there. If anyone if you went through this successfully. I would very much appreciated if you could get in contact with me. I have few pressing questions that I couldn't find on cic website nor after researching on the internet.

You can PM or just leave a reply here. Thank you very much!
Or you can ask your question here and people who know will answer it. Why does it have to be by PM?

Seraghot

Jul 10, 2016
DollyM said:
Or you can ask your question here and people who know will answer it. Why does it have to be by PM?
I think that's the best way to go about it, yeah.

After making few calls to Canada regarding seeking asylum. I was told that all I needed was to apply for a tourist visa and at the port of entry. I should explain my family's situation honestly and ask to seek asylum. So my questions are:
1) What happens if they don't accept us after we land in Canada? Our life would be at risk if we ever go back to our home country.
2) If they do accept us, hopefully. What kind of help will they offer us? I read that the government sponsored refugees are given a 12 months of support in the form of accommodation, food and other services. We don't have a refugee status though. So how will we be able to survive?

Looking forward to your help. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) If your application is refused, there are procedures in place to appeal the decision. Information here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/inside/refusals.asp If all of the appeals and other stay procedures are exhausted, then eventually you would be forced to leave Canada and return to your home country.
2) The main assistance available is an open work permit which you'd qualify for once your refugee claim is accepted.

Seraghot

Jul 10, 2016
scylla said:
1) If your application is refused, there are procedures in place to appeal the decision. Information here: If all of the appeals and other stay procedures are exhausted, then eventually you would be forced to leave Canada and return to your home country.
2) The main assistance available is an open work permit which you'd qualify for once your refugee claim is accepted.
Thank you for the very helpful response! Concerning your second reply. Is there no other option where they can help us at first till we start finding a job? We have no ways of sustaining our life once we move to a new country with no relatives or anyone to help. Mainly accommodation at the very least. We won't be able to afford a hotel or a house for a 5 member family.

Also, one last question please. How long does it typically take for our asylum seeking application? Considering we will apply as soon as we land.

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Seraghot said:
Thank you for the very helpful response! Concerning your second reply. Is there no other option where they can help us at first till we start finding a job? We have no ways of sustaining our life once we move to a new country with no relatives or anyone to help. Mainly accommodation at the very least. We won't be able to afford a hotel or a house for a 5 member family.

Also, one last question please. How long does it typically take for our asylum seeking application? Considering we will apply as soon as we land.
Canada is an expensive country. If you have an open work permit you can look for work which will allow you to pay rent. However, I'm not sure that there is free accommodation and food given to refugee applicants. You could try contacting the Salvation Army or similar to see if there are any programs where they could offer temporary emergency shelter but you can't really expect the Canadian taxpayer to feed, clothe and house you for any length of time.