+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for refugee

Eduardo1985

Jul 31, 2018
At this time there is an armed conflict in my country, I have been tortured and my life is threatened, I have enough evidence, I have applied for a tourist visa twice and I have been rejected twice, but I have just requested a transit visa which was granted, I have all the intentions of traveling to Canada and request refuge at the airport even if I am in transit, can I do this? If they let me stay in Canada to wait for my refugee hearing what can i do?, where can I go? I would not have money or family, but I would have life, what is your advice to me? Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Quite surprised you were granted a transit visa after being refused 2 TRVS but you got lucky. Yes you can claim asylum at the airport. I would research what refugee organization to go to in the city you are landing in. You will have to get from the airport to the city. Due to the volume of asylum seekers finding housing is difficult. Most cities will provide temporary shelter and food but it may be with other homeless men from Canada.