+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
For caregivers, previous LMO's had an expiry date on the back of the LMO approval sheet? Apparently now they don't put expiry dates on the LMO approval sheet any more. I was told by HRSDC in Vancouver that they go by the work permit expiry date. They also said that a new LMO has to be submitted to change employers or to extend existing contracts. I contacted CIC and they said a new LMO is not required to extend caregiver contracts; only to change employers. HRSDC said that the employment situation is changing day by day because of the economic situation and to check back often on LMO requirements.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dben said:
For caregivers, previous LMO's had an expiry date on the back of the LMO approval sheet? Apparently now they don't put expiry dates on the LMO approval sheet any more. I was told by HRSDC in Vancouver that they go by the work permit expiry date. They also said that a new LMO has to be submitted to change employers or to extend existing contracts. I contacted CIC and they said a new LMO is not required to extend caregiver contracts; only to change employers. HRSDC said that the employment situation is changing day by day because of the economic situation and to check back often on LMO requirements.
All LMOs will have a maximum validity of 6 months. http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/communications/whatsnew6month.shtml

You must apply for the work permit within 6 months.

PMM