+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO sucess for NOC B

tontizzle

Jun 25, 2011
How are people gettin on with LMO's? How likely are you to succeed in skill type B? Are employers likely to want to keep you on or do they find LMO hassle?

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
Hi I don't know the probability. I got mine in 4 weeks.

skrishna

Jul 11, 2011
I have masters and want to apply for job in Canada,,,....Now, for that I need work permit.......but I am not sure which category I can apply.....I am from India......Can you please let me know?

Pouce said:
Hi I don't know the probability. I got mine in 4 weeks.

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
will apply at Port of Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
skrishna said:
I have masters and want to apply for job in Canada,,,....Now, for that I need work permit.......but I am not sure which category I can apply.....I am from India......Can you please let me know?
You can't apply for a LMO, only a prospective employer can do that.

If you are hoping to relocate first then find employment later, that's a different topic altogether.

skrishna

Jul 11, 2011
thanks....I am interested in work permit.....And, want to apply for work permit visa in CAnada.....

GoldenArm said:
You can't apply for a LMO, only a prospective employer can do that.

If you are hoping to relocate first then find employment later, that's a different topic altogether.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
skrishna said:
thanks....I am interested in work permit.....And, want to apply for work permit visa in CAnada.....
Again, you can't apply for a work permit directly.

First you have to find an employer who is willing to hire you in Canada. Once you have found an employer, they have to obtain approval from the government to hire you by proving they couldn't find a Canadian to do the job (this is the LMO process). Once your future employer obtains permission to hire you, you must then apply for a work permit.

So your first step is to find an employer in Canada who is willing to hire you.

skrishna

Jul 11, 2011
Thanks for the valuable information.

Can you help me what is the right way to find jobs in Canada? Basically, I am in India and searching for jobs in Canada so I need to mention that in my resume?? I am posting my resume online but not getting any replies....

There are any chances to get job in Canadian Company from India?

If I need any agent, recruiter or job searching companies then only I will get JOB OFFER letter then PLEASE suggest me any names so I can look forward to that also.

I hold masters degree and trying alot but need a proper guidance to make my interview and offer letter.....

Any help would be appreciated......Thanks

scylla said:
Again, you can't apply for a work permit directly.

First you have to find an employer who is willing to hire you in Canada. Once you have found an employer, they have to obtain approval from the government to hire you by proving they couldn't find a Canadian to do the job (this is the LMO process). Once your future employer obtains permission to hire you, you must then apply for a work permit.

So your first step is to find an employer in Canada who is willing to hire you.