+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO/SPOUSE STUDY VISA DILEMMA

KirijiHR

Aug 14, 2013
I hold a Post graduation work permit, I currently work with my employer and my employer requires LMO in order that I can continue to work with her. I have so submitted my application for extension of work permit to CIC quoting the LMO confirmation number. I also included my spouse application for study visa along with my application. I am aware that CIC will hold my application for additional 8 weeks more due to the LMO processing times before completing the processing of my WP.

My inquires are:

1. Will CIC decide to process my spouse's study visa looking at the fact that school starts in September 2013, while I wait for my LMO to complete my WP processing?...or will they also hold on both application until I contact them with the outcome of the LMO from my employer?

2. Secondly, we declared sufficient funds for sponsoring her study about 19,000 CAD as evidence of sufficient funds.

These are my concerns..... because I do not want her to miss her admission.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

KirijiHR said:
I hold a Post graduation work permit, I currently work with my employer and my employer requires LMO in order that I can continue to work with her. I have so submitted my application for extension of work permit to CIC quoting the LMO confirmation number. I also included my spouse application for study visa along with my application. I am aware that CIC will hold my application for additional 8 weeks more due to the LMO processing times before completing the processing of my WP.

My inquires are:

1. Will CIC decide to process my spouse's study visa looking at the fact that school starts in September 2013, while I wait for my LMO to complete my WP processing?...or will they also hold on both application until I contact them with the outcome of the LMO from my employer?

2. Secondly, we declared sufficient funds for sponsoring her study about 19,000 CAD as evidence of sufficient funds.

These are my concerns..... because I do not want her to miss her admission.
1. I believe that CIC no longer holds WP applications while waiting for a LMO.
2. From the Instruction manual:

What is a Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) LMO?

An LMO is a report provided by HRSDC/Service Canada which enables an officer to determine whether the employment of the foreign worker is likely to have a positive or negative impact on the labour market in Canada. An LMO may be required in order for a work permit to be issued. The LMO must be included with your work permit application.