+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO requirement for bridging work permit (for CEC applicant)

orko

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Hi all, I am a June applicant but my WP is going to expire in 2 months. I am going to apply for my bridging work permit. In the Operation bulletin, it mentions, the purpose of this WP is to remove the requirement of LMO. However, when I tried to apply online, it said I am not eligible for WP without LMO. I have open WP.
I was wondering if any one has applied for bridging work permit here without LMO and what was the procedure.
Thanks in advance!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
You have to say "yes" to the question that asks if you have received a "positive eligibility decision."

In the CEC class, that is supposed to be when you get the AOR.

orko

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
jes_ON said:
You have to say "yes" to the question that asks if you have received a "positive eligibility decision."

In the CEC class, that is supposed to be when you get the AOR.
Thanks, I just tried again, and this time I have chosen I want to stay here permanently instead of temporary (more than 6 months). Then my answer for LMO did not matter! :)

Mar 21, 2013
Hello Guys,
I'm in need of Help with my current situation. Currently employed with Work Permit and is about to expire in 2 months.In the mean time I applied for permanent Residence ship and got my AOR. I need to extend my work permit so I can keep working until the PR situation is sorted out.

What should I do and How can I do this? Do I need a LMO from my current employer for this?
I tried to apply online for work permit But a question came up asking if I had a LMO? I answered No and so I couldn't proceed furthermore.

Please advise. You help is greatly appreciated.

s_w_u

Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Exempted; CoPR 14-05-2013
LANDED..........
15-05-2013; PR Card received 25-07-2013
SARAVANAN.MANOHARAN said:
Hello Guys,
I'm in need of Help with my current situation. Currently employed with Work Permit and is about to expire in 2 months.In the mean time I applied for permanent Residence ship and got my AOR. I need to extend my work permit so I can keep working until the PR situation is sorted out.

What should I do and How can I do this? Do I need a LMO from my current employer for this?
I tried to apply online for work permit But a question came up asking if I had a LMO? I answered No and so I couldn't proceed furthermore.

YOu didnt mention your class of PR application...assuming you are under CEC and BOWP is likely your possible option...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

This is the OB link for the BOWP. Nothing fancy, all requirements are clearly stated.

Guys from this forum are very helpful and nice...but you will have to make some effort in reading previous posts...Thanks...

orko

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Hello Guys,

Can you give the answers you gave for the questions before? Usually wrong answers causes the problem you mentioned (I did it wrong as well- check my last post). There is no LMO requirement.. At first I thought there is one when I could not proceed.

Mar 21, 2013
Hey Orko,
I am going to apply through mail rather than Online. I have a question regarding applying for Open Work Permit.
I Applied for PR under CEC and I just got my AOR. My current work permit (expires in June) I hold was issued to me when I graduated out of school. (I'm Assuming it's not a Open work permit) So now When I apply for Open work Permit should I apply under NEW Employer- Initial open work permit or Open Work Permit Extension.?? Even tough I will be working for the same employer.

Also Should I include my clarification email that I received from CIO in the Document that I will be sending out.

Thanks for your Help. I appreciate it

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Hey Orko,
I am going to apply through mail rather than Online. I have a question regarding applying for Open Work Permit.
I Applied for PR under CEC and I just got my AOR. My current work permit (expires in June) I hold was issued to me when I graduated out of school. (I'm Assuming it's not a Open work permit) So now When I apply for Open work Permit should I apply under NEW Employer- Initial open work permit or Open Work Permit Extension.?? Even tough I will be working for the same employer.

Also Should I include my clarification email that I received from CIO in the Document that I will be sending out.

Thanks for your Help. I appreciate it
Hi Saravan,

Don't assume whether your Post-Graduate Work Permit is open or closed, just go dig out your passport to take a look at the actual permit. It should state there. I had PGWP too, and it was an Open one. I can't see how you didn't get an Open one.

I'm just wondering what form are you filling in? If you are applying for the Bridging Open Work Permit (IMM 5710), then you just need to select Open Work Permit. There's no "Initial Open Work Permit" or "Open Work Permit Extension". Make a copy of your PGWP and passport, print out the AOR email you received, write a letter clearly indicating you are applying for the BOWP, and send it in with your package. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

I applied through mail too, and just got my BOWP today (sent it out on 7th January). Once you mail out the application (I went by express post, so it arrived on the next business day), you will be on implied status - which allows you to continue working under current status.

orko

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Hi SARAVANAN, I agree with Shell here. Don't assume and check whether your original work permit was open. If it were, then you should apply for open work permit, however you also have to mention your current employer.
Regardless you apply through online or mail, you should fill the same application form (IMM5710E). You can try the eligibility from Apply Online option to get your document requirements as that will guide you to exact documents you will be needing.

sahilchawla

Aug 27, 2013
Greetings,

Can someone help me with my situation?

So I applied for a BOWP 2 months ago, as my work permit had less thn 2 months left for expiry ( LMO ) and My PR application is in process and i already got my AOR and was attached to the BOWP file.
Recently when i received my permit it was not an open work permit its just an extended LMO and i am still tied to my current employer can some one help me understand what i did wrong in obtaining an open work permit ?

Thanks