+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO REQUIRED FOR CEC OR NOT?????

devilseye

Nov 13, 2011
My question is that for CEC class only( not any other category just CEC) do we require LMO/LMIA as well or not...???

devilseye

Nov 13, 2011
If it is not required for us then none of the CEC applicant will be selected ...coz all of them wont b having 600 points...My main confusion in here is that if CEC donot require LMO then how come they will be able to meet the minimum requirement of 800 points..??

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
devilseye said:
If it is not required for us then none of the CEC applicant will be selected ...coz all of them wont b having 600 points...My main confusion in here is that if CEC donot require LMO then how come they will be able to meet the minimum requirement of 800 points..??
That is not completely true. There are people who have 1yr experinece who have valid LMO/LMIA. So they get 600points and quality for CEC too. However, as you told they are also people who qualify under CEC but with out LMO like who are working on open work permit/PGWP.

I guess people who don't have LMIA/LMO will be taken care in the later draws.

claudianrejaj

Jan 9, 2015
No, LMIA is not an elimination request for CEC. But not having one, Will drop down your score bellow 600. Well, I would say, no worries. Still, this category is favorite and everyone will be invited. I personally didnt bother even for study credentials before building EE profile, because this is also not required for CEC got under Mobility program. I am waiting this now from WES...trying to enjoy life while waiting :D

What makes a difference starting 21 of Feb with the international mobility transfers is that companies will have to do some formalities and pay extra 230something, but not to provide an LMIA...definitly not something to ignore, but still..LMIA is really a pain to get.

GAJA

Feb 18, 2015
I just was wondering,
I have OWP and 14 month work experience, unfortunately I don't have LMO/LMIA and I am under NOC 2221.
How I can get LMO?
if i am working, has my employer provide me LMO/LMIA?
what different between LMO and LMIA or they are same?

Thanks in advance.

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
devilseye said:
@devilseye : I see that you partially answered your own question. While it's not mandatory to have LMIA to submit an EE profile, having a LMIA will give you the extra 600 points which is what CIC's priority is. My score is 935 because I had LMIA, otherwise it would have been 335 or 400 perhaps. And I would have to wait ages to receive ITA.