+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO REFUSED!

butterflies

Jan 4, 2012
Hello,

Just found out that my LMO is refused. The reason is that my company has not done enough efforts in attracting Canadians for this job. My NOC falls on NOC0611 (Marketing Coordinator). This is one of the jobs eligible for the Quebec New Facilitated Labour Market Opinion Assessment. This means that I my employer doesn't not have to show advertising efforts yet we still did include the job posting just to make sure we have everything in place.

I just don't understand why it was refused. We did everything right.

In the letter of refusal, Service Canada will review my application should my employer send everything before September 28. I want this LMO to be approved! Do I still have a chance? Any suggestions on what went wrong and what could be done to ensure the next application will be approved?

bepositive

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
butterflies said:
Hello,

Just found out that my LMO is refused. The reason is that my company has not done enough efforts in attracting Canadians for this job. My NOC falls on NOC0611 (Marketing Coordinator). This is one of the jobs eligible for the Quebec New Facilitated Labour Market Opinion Assessment. This means that I my employer doesn't not have to show advertising efforts yet we still did include the job posting just to make sure we have everything in place.

I just don't understand why it was refused. We did everything right.

In the letter of refusal, Service Canada will review my application should my employer send everything before September 28. I want this LMO to be approved! Do I still have a chance? Any suggestions on what went wrong and what could be done to ensure the next application will be approved?
Sorry to hear that. You still have time to submit all the documents. Make sure with your employer that he/she advertises on job bank http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/intro-eng.aspx and in a local newspaper or on Kijiji/Craigslist, however JobBank is mandatory. The add has to be for at least 2 week and there are few major points that need to be covered in the advertise, they are:

1) job title
2) fare wages (this has to be according to the minimum wages as per HRDC)
3) little bit about the job description
4) expected date of commencement (my employer showed as ASAP)
5) period of employment (my employer showed as 2 years)

My NOC was 4163, the above info is based on the rules in Ontario as my employer filed from Toronto.

Hope this helps.

BePositive

butterflies

Jan 4, 2012
Thanks for the response. Does that mean I have to post the job on Emploi Quebec as well since I'm in the province? What about posting it on Monster and other job sites? Will the chances be increased?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Yes, it should be posted on Emploi Quebec and the jobbank. It's not enough to post on many jobsites, the employer has to provide the number of Canadians and/or permanent residents that applied, whether they were interviewed, why they didn't get the job, etc and include the job advertisements.

butterflies said:
Thanks for the response. Does that mean I have to post the job on Emploi Quebec as well since I'm in the province? What about posting it on Monster and other job sites? Will the chances be increased?

butterflies

Jan 4, 2012
Thanks for the response senoritabella,

Another question, after posting the job post. Does my employer have to interview those who have applied to the specific jobs or it's not necessary? What other info do we need to include for the 2nd LMO? CVs received need to be included too?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It should be posted for at least 2 weeks. I believe there is a way for Human Resources to pull data about the number of applicants. I don't know whether they have to interview or not, but CVs are not required. The employer can create a checklist of the skills required, education, any assets, etc and then check off from it which candidates had all or most and why you were the final pick.

butterflies said:
Thanks for the response senoritabella,

Another question, after posting the job post. Does my employer have to interview those who have applied to the specific jobs or it's not necessary? What other info do we need to include for the 2nd LMO? CVs received need to be included too?

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
but the OP mentioned that they applied under the Quebec New Facilitated Labour Market Opinion Assessment.... which doesn't require advertising efforts for certain NOC's....why was she refused based on insufficient advertising requirements???