+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO question

lhuang

Oct 19, 2009
Here is the scenario: We applied a LMO for "Lisa", which comes back positive. But Let's say, Later on, Lisa found out she cannot work for us or we cannot hire her anyway, then could we possibly give the approved LMO to other person? I cannot locate any information regarding to changing the employee or candidate's infor on an approved LMO, anyone can help me with that?

Thanks,

Twix

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An LMO is specific for a certain employee. The employer has to apply for a new LMO for a different employee. Unless the employer has an open LMO, then that's a different story

lhuang

Oct 19, 2009
Twix, thank you for your reply. Could anyone let me know where I can locate the official saying in the Service Canada website. Thanks again

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
lhuang said:
Twix, thank you for your reply. Could anyone let me know where I can locate the official saying in the Service Canada website. Thanks again
Notice that your LMO has the name of your prospective employee, and the job description, specification and conditions of the job. If you can not hire "Lisa" or if the LMO does not reach CIC (meaning LMO was not used by "Lisa" in 6 months for her work permit application) you would have to submit another application for Labour Market Opinion. If you know now that you won't be able to hire Lisa submit a new application, send a cover letter together with your application explaining why you are unable to hire Lisa, and attach a copy of the LMO.

lhuang

Oct 19, 2009
job_seeker said:
lhuang said:
Notice that your LMO has the name of your prospective employee, and the job description, specification and conditions of the job. If you can not hire "Lisa" or if the LMO does not reach CIC (meaning LMO was not used by "Lisa" in 6 months for her work permit application) you would have to submit another application for Labour Market Opinion. If you know now that you won't be able to hire Lisa submit a new application, send a cover letter together with your application explaining why you are unable to hire Lisa, and attach a copy of the LMO.
Thanks job_seeker, according to what you said, that means we definitely cannot use "Lisa"'s LMO for another employee and also have to explaine to Service Canada why we are not able to hire her. Am I on the right track?

Much appreciate!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
lhuang said:
job_seeker said:
lhuang said:
Thanks job_seeker, according to what you said, that means we definitely cannot use "Lisa"'s LMO for another employee and also have to explaine to Service Canada why we are not able to hire her. Am I on the right track?

Much appreciate!
Yes. You are right.

lhuang

Oct 19, 2009
job_seeker said:
lhuang said:
job_seeker said:
lhuang said:

Much appreciate!
Yes. You are right.
Again, Thank-you very much, job_seeker!