+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO not applied for!!!

kingball

Dec 18, 2009
Hi,

Found out some really crappy news today - the company I work for didn't send my LMO off so my old one has ran out and they haven't issued me another one. Not good.

I called up cic who said that I need to take my pre-approval LMO to the border and they can process it on the same day. My HR department at my work said that they would send off my LMO details and I just have to wait for them to get back to me.

Who is telling me the truth? CIC or my work? Has anybody been in this situation before? As it stands I have no money, not allowed to work and no idea what's going on!

Is there anyway I can still work for my employer even though I don't have an LMO?

Thanks,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kingball said:
Hi,

Found out some really crappy news today - the company I work for didn't send my LMO off so my old one has ran out and they haven't issued me another one. Not good.

I called up cic who said that I need to take my pre-approval LMO to the border and they can process it on the same day. My HR department at my work said that they would send off my LMO details and I just have to wait for them to get back to me.

Who is telling me the truth? CIC or my work? Has anybody been in this situation before? As it stands I have no money, not allowed to work and no idea what's going on!

Is there anyway I can still work for my employer even though I don't have an LMO?

Thanks,
1. No valid work permit, no work.
2. You need a new LMO before you can apply for a new work permit. Once you get a new LMO, you could apply at a port of entry, or you could apply to Vegreville for reinstatement and other work permit. You will probably get a hard time at a border port, as by then you will be out status for a couple of months.

PMM

kingball

Dec 18, 2009
Thanks so much for settling this for me.

As you can imagine, I have lost all faith in my HR department so thanks for your advise. I suppose I've just got to sit tight and wait for the LMO then.

Arrrrgh!