+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Initiation will impact my Permament resident application

K

katepalli123

Hi Friends,

Am planning to apply for Permanent resident under Canadian experience class, at the same time my company is planning to initiate my LMO process now, is there any conflict between these processes please let us know.
Another thing my company won't allow to apply PR as per their policies, if they know they will stop initiating my LMO process, please help me in this regard.

Is there any way my company will know about my PR application.

Another important one, my company will not provide company referral letter with responsibilities but I had all compensation letters with salary details and in those they did not mention any of my responsibilities, can any one suggest me on this what need to do for this.

Looking forward some correct answer so that I will stop any one process.

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
I wonder what is their issue with you applying PR. Now there are two issues;

1- You can't get a refferal letter from your place(which si ridiculous). But It clealry states in the checklist if you can't provide the letter from the company, explain the reason. I suggest you add your contract you signed that outlines your duties and rsponsibilities and salary stuff and also include all your paystubs. Make sure you do include these two things. As CIC can take that as a proof for your employment. And also attach a letter explaining that my company is not willing to give a letter and include their address and contact info. Because chances are they will call them to confirm your employment because they are unable to see any letter from the company.

2- Now second issue let's say they call them, now I have no idea what kind of agreement you have with your employer. Did you sign a letter that you won't apply for PR until you are employed? If not then the worst would be if company gets a call they will fire you or something(really sad and I am sorry about that) because it is against their policies. But If you have signed a contract and it is written somewhere in there that you are not allowed to apply for PR(which si ABSURD and I dont believe it would be there) then you goot some otehr problems as well apart from just losing the job.

I don't understand what's wrong with these employers that they can't issue a simple stupid letter? Now for your LMO application I don;t think so it interferes at all but I never applied it. So you might wanna wait to luisten from an expert who has been thru that process.

I wish you Good Luck man!

K

katepalli123

Thank you very much for your reply...

Yes My company Indian Effiliated company in Canada and India, the reason is if everyone apply PR from company no once leave country so due to that they will not allow.

Another thing if they called my company people then my company knows I applied for PR then it will be a problem to me.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
katepalli123 said:
Am planning to apply for Permanent resident under Canadian experience class, at the same time my company is planning to initiate my LMO process now, is there any conflict between these processes please let us know.
No conflict, go right ahead.

LMOs are issued by HRSDC in Canada. Your application for PR-CEC will go to CIC in Buffalo, separate agencies. You should get a response on your LMO before your PR file is even created by CIC.

CIC relies on Letters of Employment to determine if you have the required work experience - if you submit alternative proof, they may call the employer to verify. If this happens and your employer will be upset, it is a risk you will have to accept. If your employer fired you, you would be able to remain in Canada for the duration of your work permit (your employer cannot take that away from you), although you would not be able to work without finding another employer and obtaining another LMO.

K

katepalli123

Hi Jes,

Thank you very much for your reply, am going to provide my Compensation letters to Canada Embassy as employee referral.
Another one, when they will call employer for my experience I mean at initial stage or at the end, please let me know.

Thank you very much for your responses.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
katepalli123 said:
Another one, when they will call employer for my experience I mean at initial stage or at the end, please let me know.
They probably won't call your employer, but if they do, it will likely be at the middle or the end stage, not in the beginning.

But you must understand - not having that Letter can be a problem...

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
Hi Katepalli,

Did you try asking the HR for the company referral letter ?

Also, if you could please let us know the reasons that you would mention in the sample letter citing your employer not allowing you to apply for PR.

Thanks.

K

katepalli123

Hi Friends,

Thank you very much for your reply..

If I asked my HR for emplyee letter now then they will create problems and they will stop all my LMO process and will not provide letter, I don't want to spoil that.

Let me try to provide sample letter if they require Employee letter I will inform same.