+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO for someone on PGWP

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
Hi,
I'm currently working on a PGWP open work permit and have a full-time job with a big bank. My work permit is gonna expire soon and my provincial nomination may not be in time before that. I've got to know that LMO process for someone on Post-Grad work permit is simpler as employer don't need to advertise job.
But my employer is worried about getting my LMO rejected as my job title is generic - Sr Business Analyst, even though it's in Skill Category A.

Any opinions or ideas on my situation? Will the company get LMO easily if they apply one for me or there is very less chance of it? Also let me know if anyone has gone through similar situation. Experts, please opine!!

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Well I'm not an expert, but I was working with a company under a PGWP, then when they filed for the LMO for my extension they stated that the position wasn't advertised because I was already working for them, and they just wanted to extend my contract. My LMO was approved, and subsequently my work permit. I think they are pretty reasonable about that...

I would recommend that you file for the LMO at least 4 months before your PGWP expires. When I did it I had only two months, the LMO took like 7 months to arrive and they cancelled my status, had to re-apply, pay a fine, it was a mess.